Mystery Toko SLR viewfinder (identification help).

<p>So I got this viewfinder thinking that perhaps it might fit my Miranda. Well it doesn't. So I'm wondering, what was it made to fit (is it even meant for an SLR?). It fits some camera with slide in viewfinders. Doesn't fit Miranda though, and I doubt it fits the Automex/sensorex mirandas either.<br>

My thoughts are maybe it is meant for a Canonflex, but I couldn't find any good pictures of what the undersides of the Canonflex viewfinders look like.<br>

In any event I assume it's from the early 60s, or 50s given the Toko branding. I assume it's for an SLR (I could possibly be wrong, maybe it is for some sort of reflex viewer for an RF) whatever system it is for, it slides in, so it's most definitely not for a Nikon F or Exakta. <br>

Any ideas?</p><div>00Z9BV-386735584.thumb.jpg.ad8a805de7f733b87aec2c6f372d32d8.jpg</div>

<p>I think you're right, but it must be older than the RE Super, I've seen the magnifiers for them and they look much different.<br>

<br /> Actually looking at captainjack's topcon page he has a very similiar looking finder displayed, there's slight difference in the hood, but it's obviously the same thing.<br>

<br /> I guess a 1950s Topcon is next on my list... :U</p>

<p>It does look like it was made for the very early Topcons, the R, B, and C models. Excellent cameras, overbuilt and rugged, finely finished. I've had several of them over the years, but now I have the later, metered models, Super D, RE Super, and Super DM. If the economy ever improves, I'd like to get another R.</p>

<p>Definitely for Topcon R, R-II, or R-III (sold as Beseler Topcon B and C in the US). Very nicely built, but they are so heavy that they make the Topcon RE Super (Beseler Topcon Super D) seem like a lightweight. (Those who have used a Super D know it's rather heavy.)<br>

ToKo is for Tokyo Kogaku. (Tokyo Optical.)</p>