mystery lens

Discussion in 'Pentax' started by bob-c, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Hello !

I have the same lens with the same mount that I can't unscrew.
    Did you resolve the problem ?
    I want to have a T-mount on it but it doesn't looks like a T-mount at all to me.

2. After searching a bit. It seems that there are two versions of this lens :
    - T-mount ring
    - Canon, Pentax, Minolta version.
    It's all the rear tube that is set for each version. I don't think we can't retire the rearest ring to reveal a T-mount. And I couldn't find parts to replace the rear tube mount.

3. If your lens (camera end) looks like the third photo posted, that is definitely the inner part of a T2 mount adapter. This part is the same for all cameras.

The outer part of a T2 adapter mates to the particular camera you wish to use and had three small set screws that allow you to rotated the adapter, so that the markings for focus and aperture are always on top.

The easiest thing to do is buy a complete T2 adapter, loosen the three set screws and discard the inner part of the new adapter. Place the outer part of the adapter over the part on the lens, adjust so the markings are where you want them to be, and tighten the set screws. Then forget about it and simply use the lens.

A more complete fix would be to use a pipe wrench or an adjustable jaw pliers (commonly called "Channel Locks" here in the US). SInce the inner adapter on your lens is worthless, simply grip it with the pliers and hold the lens barrel with you other hand. That should get it off to expose the 42mm x 0.75 tpi thread.

Then, but a complete adapter for the camera or cameras of you choice, screw it on the lens and fire away.