Mystery Deletion of Images EM-1

harold_gough

<p>I use the delete button many times each day and never have a problem.<br>

I took about 5 pictures this morning in one session. I selected one to delete and confirmed in the usual way. It took not only unwanted one but all those from that session. Other, much older images stored on the card, and in the same subfolder, are intact.<br>

The absence of the files is the same in the camera review or by reading from my PC via the download cable.<br>

I have never seen anything like this before. Any suggestions?<br>

As a test, I took another series of images and deleted one. the others were still there.</p>

<p>Sounds like it did a deletion based on a selected date rather than a selected image. You might see if the EM-1 has that option and if it is possible you somehow selected it instead of the single image. <br /><br />When I come across this type of mystery I hope I can figure out if I screwed up rather than second guessing the camera into the future. <br /><br />Good luck on a solution.</p>

• 1 month later...

<p>Thanks. It was a one-off. No multi-image delete was offered.<br>

However, having tethered my camera to my PC, as usual, to transfer images, I found that image files Cut and Pasted into folders on my PC could still be viewed, on the camera card, using IrFanView but could not be located via My Computer.<br>

The time had come to completely reformat the card, which I did this morning with SDFormatter software.<br>

Harold</p>