Mysterious Changing Function Buttons

Sanford

Has a function button ever changed its function. You set it to perform a certain function and suddenly its set to do something else, seemingly changing all by itself. I can see accidentally pressing a button or combination of buttons and causing this to happen, but some of this stuff has to be set from deep in the menus.

Configuration, including programmable buttons, may change when the firmware is updated. You have to manually resolve conflicts when firmware adds or changes some functions. Adding to the confusion, buttons can also perform different functions in different modes, including still shooting, video and image review. A Sony A7xxx has 50 pages or so of menus and dozens of assignable functions. Delving through them can be a career opportunity.

Yesterday I inadvertently switched my recently acquired Leica D-Lux 109 from single to max burst. Three images a total of 124 times before I caught on. I had the shutter set to silent and didn't check the photos till I got home. Probably happens with cameras in the " learning" stage, or those not recently used. Mostly I remember to check the menu periodically - too much going on.

Yesterday I inadvertently switched my recently acquired Leica D-Lux 109 from single to max burst. Three images a total of 124 times before I caught on. I had the shutter set to silent and didn't check the photos till I got home. Probably happens with cameras in the " learning" stage, or those not recently used. Mostly I remember to check the menu periodically - too much going on.

If enough folks do that at the same time will it warp the space time continuum?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Has a function button ever changed its function. You set it to perform a certain function and suddenly its set to do something else, seemingly changing all by itself. I can see accidentally pressing a button or combination of buttons and causing this to happen, but some of this stuff has to be set from deep in the menus.

Mandela Effect. ;)

Cheers, Mark