My very first iPhone, a new 5s! Favorite iOS7 apps?

studio460

<p>LightTrac and TPE - sunrise/set moonrise/set predictions superimposed on satellite images<br /> Aurora FCST - where and how strong aurora predictions<br /> Snapseed, Photogene - photo editors<br /> AutoStitch - panorama software that i prefer to the native iOS app</p>

<p>FlightView, FlightTrack, FlightBoard, KAYAK - for travelers<br /> AroundMe - local stuff<br /> WhitePages - find phone numbers, reverse phone # etc<br /> Google Maps, Navigon - never trust just one navigation app to get where you need to go!</p>

<p>Newsify, Zite - customizable news<br /> The Weather channel, Weather Underground, Weather Line<br /> Gaia GPS - great topographic/satellite etc GPS app<br /> Pandora - music<br /> iCatcher - podasts<br /> SplashID - secure database<br /> HanDBase - database<br /> WolframAlpha<br /> Dictionary.com<br /> iNet - network scanner<br /> AyeTides - tide charts<br /> BH photo app<br /> Multiconvert - unit converter<br /> Kindle rerader<br /> Web to PDF<br /> Crosswords<br /> Shredder - chess playing engine<br>

eBay<br /> <br />and many more of course. Some free, some $</p>

Test

<p>In the late-1990s, we dumped our pagers, and were given company-issued Motorola flip-phones (I work at a TV network). Then, sometime later, Blackberry devices. They didn't always work that well (especially when "accidentally" thrown against a wall!), but our internally-served, push e-mail <em>was</em> wicked-fast. I was just issued my brand new iPhone 5s <em>yesterday</em>. I feel like I've been living in a cave.</p>

A couple years ago I decided to put my dSlR away and shoot exclusively with my iPhone. That lasted for

a year, and during that time I only used the Hipstamatic app for making photographs. It nicely

complimented my view of the world.<P>

<a href= "http://citysnaps.net/2011%20photos/Mission%20Gallery/">Here's a set of photos from San

Francisco's Mission neighborhood</a> using my iPhone and that app.

www.citysnaps.net

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

<p>PS Express is a good one, although they charge extra for some filters, just keep that in mind. I really like the crop and straighten feature. The anti-noise feature (which I paid $4.99 for, it came with other filters) works ok, it won't do miracles.<br>

Camerabag used to be my "goto" app for pictures. I still use it for exposure compensation and other basic edits cause it's easy to use and I also have the desktop version for my iMac.<br>

I use "Coin Flip" or "Fortune Teller" quite a bit. I always have those situations in the day where I'm like: "Should I go home for lunch or not?" Then I flip a coin.<br>

I love the app: "Wake" which is a replacement alarm clock for the standard iOS alarm clock. Setting the alarm is a lot more intuitive (you roll your finger around the clock to set the exact time) and I love the fact that it will actually tell you that you are X number of hours from when the alarm is about to go off. This has saved me already from forgetting to re-set it from PM to AM.<br>

It also has some fun whimsical alarms like a chicken clucking, birds chirping and others. Don't expect it to wake you up gradually. It's supposed to do this, but it takes like less than 1 second to ramp up so it does ramp up, but it does it so fast that I don't even count this as a feature.<br>

If you're a traveler, TripIt has been super useful. Simply Forward the itinerary the airlines send you when you make a reservation and TripIt will do all the work for you. It will scan your travel dates and times and put it in the app for you. When you need to look up your confirmation number and travel times, the info is right there all organized.<br>

You can also do this for your hotel and rental car too. All info is stored on the cloud, so it's accessible from all your devices, iPad, iPhone, PC, etc.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>I just downloaded VSCO Cam and I'm enjoying it very much. I use my iPhone to document my daily life (at this time, I'd never use it for shooting a wedding, serious food photography, or non-snapshot photos though more and more people are), so the picture aspect is important to me. I like the minimalist--yet pretty--processing. I'm also going to download Lightroom for iPhone as well, which was another recently announced product. <br /><br />Cameleon and PicTapGo are other photo apps that I have and enjoy. <br /><br />And then OF COURSE there is Pandora (music), Sudoku (many Sudoku apps), and MapMyRun (if you are a runner or walker), my three other favs! </p>

• 2 months later...