My LTM rangefinders

ricklb55

7D2AE541-410D-4635-AD30-9E02C8009F57.thumb.jpeg.b85fbacceb9519c1457a6cbb6698d35d.jpeg All my M39 mount cameras, starting at the back row at the left: 1970 Zorki 4 with Jupiter 8 lens, 1985 FED 3B with Industar 61, 1950 Leica IIIc with Canon 1.8 50mm, 1951 Leica IIf with Elmar 90mm and a Leitz finder, 1947 Leica IIIc with a Gossen Sixti light meter (that is dead on accurate!) and a 1953 Canon IIIa with a Canon 3.5 135mm lens and a KMZ finder.
  • Like 5

ricklb55 and Bill Bowes, great collections, particularly impressed with the turn of colour on yours Bill Bowes. My collection (like many I went thru a phase of purchasing ratty, dirt cheap Fed 2's, and a zorki) languishes as most of the shutter curtains have de-ruberised. I try to use black t-shirt paint to patch them, but it's a thankless task. Any cheap fixers out there who can replace a curtain at a reasonable cost? I once tried to do the repair myself, and have the bits and pieces in a tupperware container to remind me of my folly. I'll take a photo on the weekend. Regards, Arthur (apiarist1)

Arthur, I think you would find it far cheaper to look onto Ebay for the Ukrainian sellers of the FSU cameras. All mine were CLA's & have performed spot-on since I received them. I do exercise them regularly & believe that is a key feature for these "Heavy Metal" creatures. If you like blue (like the Iso), they have that color! Bill

Nice. Thanks for the camera p o r n.

Although I generally like the ergonomics of the Contax RF better than those of the LTM (39mm), who could not love the nice heft of even the Soviet copies, much less the originals.

Of the thread-mount cameras of the form, this is one of my favorites:

FED-Red.jpg.d37b99a88441ab165c9f20467d19a8b8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...