MY leica r4 has stopped

maddalice

... my leica r4 has stopped working. ...

I'm guessing that's a question?

It could be that the felt material in the mirror box has deteriorated; if this is the case, it's a very inexpensive and simple repair.

However, it could otherwise cost you far more than it's worth. You could pick up a clean working replacement R4 for ~$150, or less.

When you come to a fork in the road, take it ...

– Yogi Berra

So do you want to dismantle it yourself (not my cup of tea!) or are you asking for a repair tech recommendation? - Where roughly?

Making it it a paperweight or selling it for scraps might be alternatives.

i am good at mending cameras if you can tell me what is it. thank you.

I'm guessing that's a question?

It could be that the felt material in the mirror box has deteriorated; if this is the case, it's a very inexpensive and simple repair.

However, it could otherwise cost you far more than it's worth. You could pick up a clean working replacement R4 for ~$150, or less.

i want to mend it. thank you.

The R4 is effectively Leica's version of the Minolta XD7 (XD and XD11 in some parts of the world). I know XD7's like mine can suffer from a delay in operation after the shutter is pressed, due to drying out lubricants in a damper (I've no idea what it does or where it is, it's just what I've read). Minoltas of that era are also prone to the failure of an electonic component, probably a capacitor. Not much help but everything suggests that the camera is in need of professional attention, perhaps even beyond your undoubted prowess.

I'd be surprised if you hadn't already checked that the mirror isn't stuck to perished mirror bumper foam.

The R4 is effectively Leica's version of the Minolta XD7 (XD and XD11 in some parts of the world). I know XD7's like mine can suffer from a delay in operation after the shutter is pressed, due to drying out lubricants in a damper (I've no idea what it does or where it is, it's just what I've read). Minoltas of that era are also prone to the failure of an electonic component, probably a capacitor. Not much help but everything suggests that the camera is in need of professional attention, perhaps even beyond your undoubted prowess.

I'd be surprised if you hadn't already checked that the mirror isn't stuck to the perished mirror bumperr foam.

i took the bottom off and can make if go itf i press a little bit that sticks. its not the mirror. thank you.