My first model shoot

amy cupp

Thanks we had a blast. I told my boss the next day that I was tired from rolling around in the hay all day and I think I stuck my foot in my mouth, but he did not quite understand. : ) I will probably be doing a trash the dress session with her, in the mud, soon! 48 is my fave too and 24 is hers. She chose that one for the front of her comp card

Amy, Congrats on your first model shoot. I'm sure it was a lot of fun. I don't want to be a wet blanket here but I do note a few issues that caught my attention. First, I assume this is for fashion yet most of the poses are not really fashion poses. Also the setting (i.e., rural) is not really appropriate for a fashion shoot. Technically many of the photos seem out of focus. Perhaps this was an attempt at "soft focus" but if so it seems excessive to me. Some of the photos, including 24, seem washed out. Finally, the black and white conversions need work in my opinion. They are lacking contrast. But ultimately, if the two of you are pleased with the results, that is all that really matters. Good luck with the next shoot!

PS. I think 46 is close to what I would be aiming for. And I think 11 would also be nice if it were sharper.

Allen : Thanks and this was for a porfolio for Bex, not for fashion. She actually wanted casual fun style at her barn and was up for anything. She had 2 other photographers do other lines of stuff such as lingerie, implied nude, city fashion stuff. Lucky me got to shoot at her farm and I could not have asked for a better place. I think the oof thing is a result of me using bought actions for the first time on these. I went a lil action crazy. The originals without PP do not look OOF. I agree that its a taste thing. At first I thought maybe it was a little too much, but then she loved them so I left them as is.

Zack: Yep I used flash, my sb800 with a diffuser and I feel ya on the flash thing. An area I need to work on, I agree.