khaisy

Well I was inspired by most of you here to dive into the digital

world and I really did not think a few months ago it is worth

getting into for few reason like work flow issues, the Fuji S2 that

gave me horrible photos no matter what I have done. That is why I

asked you, Kari, about the red cast that is always present with Fuji

S2 camera and wanted to know about S3 thus spending hours color

correcting. Recently I found out that I had a lemon, a bad camera

that was not fixing and it went to the trash without proper funeral.

I bought the D100 since I have the F100 and 2 N90s cameras and I am

still debating whether to sell them all and go to canon or buy the

D200 and keep the D100 as a backup.

I have few questions so your help is well appreciated. Would the D200 be a good choice for a start? What would be the best zoom lenses to buy 3.5-4.5 if I can't afford a fast 2.8 right now. ( I have tamron 28-300) that I am using right now. Flash wise I will be buying SB800. I have SB80,28,24. I was surprized how well this image came out without any touch up in PS. It was an Indoor small wedding an dthe ceiling was not that high which helped bounce the flash.

If you can't go for the 17-55/2.8, then the 18-70/3.5-4.5 is a pretty good lens. The Tamron 28-75/2.8 is a possibility, but it's effectivly a 42mm on the digi bodies, which isn't wide at all. You also need at least one fast lens if you're not permitted to use flash during the ceremony. The bargin there would be the 50/1.8.

The D200 would be fine. There are a lot of long time wedding photographers out there using a lot less of a camera that are getting by fine.

I use my Tamron 28-75 2.8 for 80% of my wedding work. It is only about $350. With that price, it's not worth buying a 3.5-4.5 lens. If you do decide on a 3.5-4.5, maybe you can supliment it with a nikor 50mm 1.8 for $100. It might help you out with some of the low light shots.

I haven't personally tried them Khalil. When I was looking for a 2.8 lens in that zoom range, I first bought the tamron 24-105 2.8 sp. The lens was not sharp enough below 5.6 for me. I thought it was unusable in the lower aperture range, which is what I bought it for. I couldn't afford the Nikor, so I did some more research, and ended up with the Tamron 28-75 2.8 xrdi. I am very happy with it, but can not compare it to the Nikor digital glass. I have heard a lot of people who recommend it. I was at a "smart shooter" class with Will Crocket, and he said that that lens is on their list of recommended lenses. They run extensive testing to have equipment be on their recommended list.

Thanks again, I Will do some reasech here on this forum i am sure someone raised similiar question. I will have to buy the D200 if i can find it and made my mind on the SB800 Flash i have SB80 I will have to sell the SB24,SB28 & N90s and buy SB600.