My First 120 Roll - Yashica Mat

markdeneen

<p>Well, I got the camera a few days ago, loaded my Tmax400 and went out for a spin. I had the roll developed only at my local camera store. I was pleased as punch that there was anything at all on the roll. I scanned the first couple images with my Epson 4990 Flatbed using VueScan at 2400DPI. I imported it to Bibble 5 and added a touch of contrast and noise reduction. </p>

<p>This image is a tad out of focus. I think focusing this machine will take some real practice. BTW, this gentleman stopped my because he dug the camera I was carrying. We chatted about vintage cameras for awhile.</p>

<p>I sure do like these big negatives! I don't know if the Epson will be my final choice once I get going. There just aren't many choices for 120 scanning.</p><div>00XJio-282175584.jpg.b9fbed60f0ebd8d5a3d668fd66a9edfd.jpg</div>

<p>My Yashica Mat has a focus problem. The plate that holds the lenses and moves in and out when focusing tends to bind on one side so it doesn't stay parallel to the body. But I wasn't all that attached to that particular camera, and what I really wanted was to be able to shoot consistent 6x6 photos so it sits on the shelf and the Bronica SQ-A sees a lot more action.</p>