My D300 Sensor cleanes with E2 solution sensor swap

ntv666

<p>Dear Gys,</p>

<p>I am attaching a shot taken after the wet cleaning of my D300 with Sensor swap wetted with E2 solution. First I cleaned with two swaps(( 2 numbers with intervals ) and after some time, the dust remained, then I gain swapped one more time. May be with the same swap stcik which i used for the second cleaning , I think. That is , there are chances that swap stcik got dried up by the time I got the second time cleaned. What is that white patch appearing on the top right hand corner? I am praying god , that it should be only the residue of the dried E2 solution and not the damaged sensor!!!!. Can you guys advice me what is this white patch and how I can go about this? Thanks in advance.</p><div>00S9Mj-105665884.jpg.597db4c0558fbd840da8f964b7f4a41b.jpg</div>

<p>Dear Mr.Keith,</p>

<p>This shot was taken afetr the cleaning . This is not the original shot of the sensor.</p>

<p>Dear Mr.Chirs, I have used the original Eclipse bought from USA. I hope your answer should be 100% correct , I will pary God for that. Thanks</p>

<p>It looks to me as though you are lifting pressure from the swab prematurely before reaching the edge of the sensor during your cleaning stroke.</p>

<p>Try this:</p>

<p>With a moistened swab, (one to two drops, only), hold the swab handle almost perpendicular to the sensor surface, but slanted slightly in the direction of your cleaning stroke. Start your cleaning stroke slightly <strong>off</strong> the edge of the sensor, and complete the stroke slightly <strong>beyond</strong> the opposite sensor edge. I swab in one direction first, then without turning the swab around, (using the opposite swab surface from original stroke), I swab in the opposite direction using the same method I just described: 'Start your cleaning stroke slightly <strong>off</strong> the edge of the sensor, and complete the stroke slightly <strong>beyond</strong> the opposite sensor edge.'<br>

After that, I discard the swab, and if necessary, I repeat the process with a new swab.</p>

<p>I do not think you need to use the original Eclipse formula, though I doubt it will hurt. Try the method I describe above with E2. It should work. I think your cleaning technique just needs to be perfected, Thangavelu.</p>

<p>First are you using sensor swabs made by the manufacture of E2 fluid (Photographic Solutions)? If not, the swabs are probably not residue free or not compatible with the E2 fluid. Use the correct swabs. Second, you should be only using a swab one time, flipping it over and using the other side then discarding the swab. Never reuse the swab after that. You will be moving the dust around on the sensor’s filter if you reuse the swab. This might be what you are seeing- piled up dust. Third, gently wipe the sensor with the swab. Do not apply too much pressure. Four, make sure you are not putting too much solution on the swab. Follow the E2 fluid manufacture instructions- see links below.</p>

<p>Here is the link to show what fluid and swab to use from Photographic Solutions: <a href="http://www.photosol.com/cameras_bymfg.html">http://www.photosol.com/cameras_bymfg.html</a></p>

<p>Scroll to the bottom of this link to see diagram on how to clean sensor: <a href="http://www.photosol.com/swabplus.htm">http://www.photosol.com/swabplus.htm</a></p>

<p>Good luck,</p>

<p>A couple of more things I should have posted in my previous post. One, should have been: For anyone that hasn't yet cleaned their camera sensor, you may want to check if your camera warranty is voided before doing it. Some camera makers want you to send the camera in to their service center for sensor cleaning. Two, should have been: use a blower to remove any dust on the sensor filter before using the swab. See this link see on how Photographic Solutions cleans a Fujifilm digital camera (reference cleaning the CCD steps at the bottom and right- steps 1 to 5).<br>

<a href="http://www.photosol.com/documents/s2_clean_ccd.pdf">http://www.photosol.com/documents/s2_clean_ccd.pdf</a></p>

<p>I have used only the orginal sensor swabs made by the manufacture of E2 fluid (Photographic Solutions). To day morning I took some more shots. Thank God , that white patch has gone. !!! God you are really kind enough to me. I have used auto cleaning (incamera sensor cleaning throgh the Menu) twice before the shot. The morning shot is posted here. Thanks for every one.</p>

<div>00S9U2-105685584.jpg.dd5ec468997c06ea5b17695df7d45f6f.jpg</div>

<p>I have tried sensor swabs with cleaning solutions and don't like them. I found it took several swabs and several attempts and still didn't get all the dust. Do yourself a favor and get a sensor cleaning brush from Visible dust, they work awesome. After getting one they are the only thing I found I could clean my sensor and it would get every speck of dust off of the sensor with no cleaning solution used. They are a little more expensive but will last a long time and over period of few years would probably work out to be same cost wise. You can get the Artic Butterfly which is really handy or just one of the brushes and use canned air, less expensive option but not as convenient if you want to take it on a trip. Then you don't have to worry about problems like you encountered. With all the money you probably have invested in your camera, it is well worth the investment.</p>

<p>Thanks Mr.ERIC,<br>

For the normal dust , yes, the brush will do the job. But in my country. India, we have to face a lot of dust .Another thing is due to high humudity during July to September, the humidity contense in to the sensor and it is sticky. It will look like a water bubble on the sendor. So , the only way to get rid of that is to swap with E2.</p>