My 2nd Shooter won't give me her photos

Discussion in 'Wedding and Event' started by katherine_wujcikowski, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Tony Parsons

Tony Parsons Norfolk and Good

Sorry if this seems wise after the event, but on the one occasion I have used a second shooter (at the bride's insistence - and I made sure she paid extra !), they used my equipment, my SDHC card, and I took the equipment back immediately after the reception.

2. Not if the word gets around that this is what you will shoot a wedding for.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2017
  3. This is the problem with a 'one-time-deal-to-get-me-started' approach. It does not stop there. The referrals that you got from this bride undoubtedly included some mention of $180 for the job. I guess that would be okay if you're a hobbyist, but it is not sustainable as a pro.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2017
    tholte likes this.
  4. Original post is from January, this is not likely being actively watched anymore.

5. I am still watching like a hawk!

6. I'm not a wedding photog but shooting a wedding for $180 is beyond insane. Any photog's time worth way more than $24 an hour. I was a second shooter for a relative back in the 1970's. He wouldn't touch a job then for less than $1,000. At $180, you're throwing your services away. As for the second shooter, hound her till the end of time!

7. On a not-unrelated line of discussion, I have been watching Frankenstein movies lately. Son of Frankenstein is not much as far as acting goes, but fantastic Expressionist sets!

You will recall that Baron Frankenstein was reanimating dead flesh. Pretty much like this drive-by posting from last January. It didn't turn out well for the baron.

Let the dead rest in peace.