8750 for B/W printing. The problem is, here in the UK the Silver Rag paper is

nearly 50 GBP for a box of 25 A4 sheets. I don't mind paying up for this if I

was sure that it would work OK, but I have had some pretty disastrous

experiences with other fine-art papers on my HP, and I don't want to risk

fifty quid on something which may be no good for me. So, here is the cheeky

question -

Would someone on the forum who uses Silver Rag be willing to send me a single

sheet to try out? (A5 would be OK). I would of course reimburse you for your

trouble. Obviously this would be easier within the UK.

Best regards

John

I've tried it on my HP8750 with the 8.5 x 11 inch paper and it seemed to work fine (one page at a time, of course). The roll or friction from the coating is audible, but it still works. I wouldn't want to run 20 thru without switching to other paper once in a while to "clean up" the rollers (if that's what they are). Ask Museo about this issue. I also tried Hahnemuhle Fine Art Injet Paper. The surface of the latter is whiter so I like it better for b&w, but the slight off-white of the MSR would be great for certain types of photos. If you asked them, it seems like Museo would give you advice about using their paper with the HP8750 and even send you one test sheet to entice you to buy from them. It's worth a try.

Larry

thanks for your reply, very helpful. I wasn't particularly concerned about paper feed, more about the neutrality of the HP grey inkset on the Silver Rag. I have tried several other "art" papers on the HP 100 and 102 photo-grey cartridges for B/W, and sometimes the result comes out nearly red! Quite horrible. On my shelf is a pile of boxes of paper which I bought to try out and which either had hideous metamerism, faded within weeks, exhibited ghastly bronzing in the dark areas, printed in different colours according to whether it was raining or not, or after some months oozed magenta everywhere. So far I must have wasted enough money to almost buy a new printer. I have e-mailed the importers of Crane papers in the UK, but as you might expect received no reply. Oh, and if you like I will give you a list of papers to avoid with the HP 8000 series and Vivera inks.

John