multiple exposure w/hasselblad

stacy

<p>Ok before I do this let me get this straight...</p>

<p>Take a photo- put in the slide, take off the back, then wind...put the back back on and then take another exposure. Is that right?</p>

<p>And I should underexpose a 1/2 stop for each if I'm doing 2 exposures? Or a stop each? this is confusing me!</p>

<p>Thanks :)</p>

<p>The sequence is correct.</p>

<p>How much to change each exposure is a difficult one.<br>

One stop less (i.e. half the correct exposure) for each for two exposures gives equal weight to both.<br>

You can vary that depending on how you want the two to mix, and on what your are taking photos of and how those scenes are (for instance if you want to copy in a full moon into a picture of a night sky without, you expose both pictures normally, without reducing exposure.) So give what you do some thought beforehand to figure out how to expose each.</p>

<p>That's the sequence, so yeah, you've got it straight. As for the exposure, well that depends a lot on the lighting, the subject matter, and how you want the final product to look. There's no straight answer to that one. You'll need to do some experimentation to figure it out. Look around on the web. Google "double exposure photography" for some ideas about how to get started. </p>

<p>That's not correct Rashed.<br />Using the motor winder on the 503 CW, you can prevent the thing winding the film on (with the winder set to "M" mode), so you can take the film magazine off and keep the exposed frame in the film gate, before you allow the motor to wind on (by changing the mode to "S" or "C"), and finally reattach the magazine.</p>

<p>The "M" (for multiple exposure) mode is only there so you do not have to remove the winder when you want to do multiple exposures.</p>

<p>You still have to "play with the film". And it isn't any easier or quicker.</p>