MPP Mark 8 and Fujinon 180mm f/9 A lens.

keith_tapscott

I would like to replace the Schneider 150mm f/4.5 Xenar which came with my MPP Mk VIII Camera with a Fujinon

180mm f/9 `A` lens as it is also compact in size. Will it fit the same lens panel? If this lens fits the existing panel,

will it allow me to close the Camera with out having to remove the lens and panel?

Your Xenar will have a Compur size 1 shutter but check the dimesions here.

http://www.schneideroptics.com/info/vintage_lens_data/large_format_lenses/xenar/data/4,5-150mm.html

Ander's answer indicates the Fujinon has a size 0 shutter so they will have a different hole size.

Here is a page from SK Grimes website showing standard shutter hole sizes.

http://www.skgrimes.com/lensmount/shutmt/index.htm

So it is quite likely your MPP VIII will close with the lens in place but you should also check to see how much the two lenses stick out from their lens boards. If the Fujinon is te same or less than te chneider then you will be OK..

I found that a size 0 shutter will allow my MPP VII to close with most lenses so I think there is a good chance you will be OK. But you are going to need a board with a size 0 hole.These are not easy to make because of the rounded corners but they appear sometimes on ebay.

'I found that a size 0 shutter will allow my MPP VII to close with most lenses .....' that should read

....I found that a size 0 shutter will allow my MPP VII to close with most lenses in the 135mm - 180mm range Wide angles such as the 90mm Super Angulon and longer lenses such as the 210mm Symmar for example are too big.

Hello my friend Keith,

I don't know for sure but you will probably have to fabricate one yourself. MPP, Micro Precision Press was mde in your country by Jimmy Dell (as I recall it), So, the UK will probably be a better source for lens boards than the US. That camera was always a handsome looking device.

I'll tell you one thing, that Fujinon A is a million times better than the Xenar. It covers 70 degrees and is balanced apochromatic.

Good to hear from you,

Lynn