Motor Drive 2 power packs

s_revlis

What are you looking for? I trust you know that the two OEM power packs were the 18v and the 15v NiCad. Unless your an EE, I don't think you could easily craft another power source, especially with that wacky power cord.

The 18v pack takes 12 AA batteries and isn't too hard to find used.

The 15v pack can be rebuilt with a little effort _IF_ you can find the cells. I looked about 3-4 years ago and found them on the internet. But I understand they've become hard to find. John H. at www.zuiko.com offers to rebuild packs, but his source for the cells is now very expensive; thus this service is $149. There are/were at least two on-the-internet, how-to's on battery replacement somewhere.

Skip

Well I was hoping for a "M. 15V Ni-Cd Control Pack 1 or 2".

I got the MD 2 together with and OM body on the Bay but it came with no power device of any kind. The MD looks to be in prefect shape but I don't want to throw a ton of money at it just to see if it works since I have a Winder 2 already.

I looked of the web and the bay but didn't see any M. 15V Control Packs at all.

In short I want a small, light and cheap way to operate MD 2 and if anyone has one I's also like a Supermarine Spitfire.

The MD2 is light-years ahead of the noisy Winder 2. You've made a great choice. With it's two counter-rotating motors, it's also much smoother, but not faster, than the MD1.<p>

You may need to make your Ebay search more broad, as I found one at link below. It's a bit ugly, but that doesn't make a difference for use. It would almost certainly need new cells, but you might get lucky and it would take a charge. You'll also need to find a charger. I think I've seen discussions on the Olympus List about building your own charger (from a relay cord) in years past. The chargers aren't too hard to find though. You could also try KEH.<p>

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/Olympus-OM-System-Control-Battery-Pack-2-Motor-Drive_W0QQitemZ190038547525QQihZ009QQcategoryZ15239QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem">Auction Link</a><p>

Also, I see where another auction closed for an MD1 and an 18v pack for $130 a few days ago. For that price you could resell the MF1 and get the 18v for $40-50. I'd advise you only use Alkaline or NIMH in that unit. <p>

Skip

• 12 years later...