More lens option for Panasonic G1

seismiccwave

<p>I was on another forum and a member found an adapter made by Nikon. This adapter is to mount the Nikon lens G lens (without aperture ring) to a movie camera like the Bolex with 25 mm thread mount (C mount).<br>

Rong Jin from jinfinance on eBay sells a C mount to micro 4/3 adapter.<br>

When I combine the two I will have a method to mount a Nikon G lens without the aperture ring to the Panasonic G1 body. <br>

So here is my journey.<br>

This is a picture of the adapter. The blurred pieces are an end piece from my old shutter release cable for my Nikon F2 and a 3 mm nylon screw.</p><div>00SxyH-121875584.jpg.a33d0d951cc6fdbfdab756db2c56de69.jpg</div>

<p>Gerry, the Nikon is 46.5 mm, the C mount is 17.5 mm so the Nikon F to C mount adapter has to extend the lens flange 29 mm. <br>

Then the C mount is still 17.5 mm and the Micro 4/3 is 20 mm. So the C mount to Micro 4/3 adapter has to sit inside the Panasonic G1 by 2.4 mm or so. Since there is no mirror there is nothing to hit.<br>

Both adapters are designed to give infinity focus to their perspective lenses and stacked together they still give infinity focus.<br>

Here are more pictures of the adapters.</p><div>00SyUK-122087584.jpg.d3ba0b403c61535cca3c1b7149c599be.jpg</div>

<p>Yes, but I am in a quandary over Hansen's Bergundy Red G-1 or Godfrey's Cool Blue version. :-) Maybe they will get an overstock on some color, like Lands End does on golf shirts. Sorry. Weak joke. I have a tough time getting away from the professional black, or is it silver. I think I will wait a while for Olys inevitable entry. I like to recycle - big time.. I applaud it, since it is also fun to patch things together.( Like using EL Nikkor enlarger lenses for macro work....)</p>

<p>I am glad I kept my FD lenses since folks are getting results with them too. I have some of the FD accessories like FD bellows and macro lens reversal gizmos...ya never know, as mom used to say. I have to dig into my closet more and see what other lenses I have. Medium format SQ I guess is pushing it too far--? Why redundify them/ give away to KEH for bubkes when you know you truly love the old suckers. They were like old trusty pack animals.....gs</p>

<p>Yeah, there's plenty of room to fit stuff between a 35mm lens and the body, perhaps jinfinance will come up with a one piece adapter to do this ? It would even be possible to have a setup similar to a preset lens, I don't know whether you could calibrate it to actual f numbers though.</p>

<p>...Wayne</p>

<p> </p>