More Elderly Aircraft and the Bronica

<p>Once again, our vintage aircraft evening event was somewhat spoiled by the weather; a nor-west wind gusting up to 40 knots is a little risky for these old planes. However, there was quite a dramatic sky, even if the light was rather flat, so I took the Bronica S2a and shot a roll of Ilford HP5 Plus down the flight line. I'll post a few images, as I know there are a few vintage aircraft fans among our members. They wheeled out a Chance Vought F4U Corsair and turned on a brilliant display of precision flying as part-compensation for the limited flying by the older aircraft; the crowds always love the Corsairs. Lenses were either the 135mm Nikkor-Q f/3.5 or the 50mm Nikkor-H f/3.5, the HP5 was developed in PMK Pyro and the negs scanned on the Epson V700 Photo.</p><div>00cP8N-545712884.jpg.36be3c0f13e567a434bb416f0ce1b6b0.jpg</div>

<p>Brilliant work as always, Rick. It seems you might be having trouble putting down that Bronica recently, even though you have 379 other cameras amongst which to choose. :) I've had the same trouble, although I have only about 15 alternatives. On Saturday, I brought out a medium-format camera other than the Bronica, for the first time in perhaps three months. And that was mainly because my bag was so stuffed with 35mm gear that I had room for only a folder!<br>

<em>--Dave</em></p>

<p>Thanks for the responses and I'm pleased you liked the images; if one has a technical sort of eye, old aircraft are very photogenic. Yes, <strong>Dave</strong>, the Bronica S2's have been getting a little too much attention, though I have been using the baby brother ETRs quite frequently. That's probably my favourite medium-format camera, both for results and from an ease-of-handling point of view. Thanks for that link, <strong>C.Watson</strong>; fascinating. And thank you <strong>SP</strong>, <strong>Tony</strong>, <strong>JDM</strong>, <strong>Rick</strong>, <strong>David</strong>, <strong>Patrick</strong>, <strong>Ralf</strong> and <strong>Mike</strong> for the nice words.</p>