More accurate bright-line viewfinder

Troll

I can't speak for other models, but the M9 viewfinder is set for 1 meter, instead of the traditional 2 meter accuracy, hence is somewhat smaller. I'm not sure it matters, since a Leica is not something. you would use to compose to the edge of the frame anyway. Is more margin for error a bad thing?

After the M9, starting with the M240/262, etc, Leica reset the frameline optimum accuracy, back to 2 meters/ 7 feet and so it is, MUCH more accurate at normal distances. It still is short showing everything at infinity. The subject still extends beyond the frameline at longer distances, but way less than cameras like the M9 and M6 do.

I get the logic behind doing that they do with the frame lines. Most of the iconic images from Leica's you see are street scenes and shots of people where the best compromise is that 6-7 foot distance where it's the most accurate. I am not a street/people shooter and would more appreciate the infinity approach, but we get what we get and in the end, it works for what I like to use them for. I often wind up cropping to some extent many image files, whether shot with a Leica or the Olympus system where the view through the E-M1 Mark II is 100% accurate no matter the distances involved.