moose nova scotia

paul_soohoo2

<p>Does anyone have a lake/location recommendation where moose are likely to be spotted on Nova Scotia?</p>

<p>While we are on the topic of Nova Scotia any must see spots/locations. One of our key destinations will be Cape Breton but we will be driving NS for several weeks.</p>

The outer tip of Cape Breton, dirt roads, rocky cliffs, and blue ocean add up to good scenery and the Cabot Trail is also scenic.. The Alexander Grahm Bell Museum in Baddeck is very interesting, his interests went far beyond the telephone. And if you have time, a round trip on the ferry from North Sydney to Newfoundland might give you ideeas for a future vacation trip. On the mainland Halifax and Peggy's Cove are worth seeiing and the reconstructed at Louisburg may be interesting although I have not been there.

<p>Agreed that much of the entire province is eye candy. Have stayed at several B&B's around NS, and greatly enjoyed some of the old apple farms, for example - lots of eye candy in places like that. <br /><br />But Cape Breton is certainly where the action is, in terms of unique scenery and critters. I've also enjoyed a nice long hike through parts of <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kejimkujik_National_Park"><strong>Kejimkujik National Park</strong></a>. Lots of beaucolic lakes, trees hanging with moss and lichen, and like that. Time of year is everything. Having been there in middle-late October (which will remind one why the Canadian flag has a big red maple leaf on it), I'm not sure I'd go in the height of everyone's-on-vacation tourist season in August - but only because I really enjoy the crips autumn air. We woke up in a tent one October morning in a camp site in Cape Breton to find an inch of hoar frost on everything, and both deer and moose prints wandering right through our camp. Happily, no bear prints - though the bear warning signs were up.<br /><br />Enjoy your trip! It's a lovely, unique place in the world. Wish I knew more French, but we did fine.</p>