Monday in Nature May 30, 2016

Laura Weishaupt

<blockquote>

<p><strong>Basic Guidelines</strong>: Nature based subject matter. Please, declare captive subjects. Keep your image at/under 700 pixels on the long axis for in-line viewing and try to keep file size under 300kb. Note that this includes photos hosted off-site at Flicker, Photobucket, your own site, etc. Feel free to link your image to a larger version. <strong><em>In the strictest sense, nature photography should not include hand of man elements. Please refrain from images with obvious buildings or large man made structures like roads, fences, walls. Minimize man made features and keep the focus on nature. </em></strong><br>

<strong><em> </em></strong><br>

<strong><em>Are you new to this thread? We post one image per week. For more <a href="/bboard/%20http:/photo.net/nature-photography-forum/00cgtY">details on guidelines please read this </a>helpful information. </em></strong><br>

<strong><em> </em></strong></p>

</blockquote>

<p>Monday Morning Greetings,<br>

I hope you've had a great week and have been able to get out and make the most of the wilds around you. It's been crazy here, with no time to write, but there's always time for fungi. Mushroom programs always require new photos, and this was one of my favorites from the day. Darkening skies offered some drama to the ambient light while lazy thunder and showers made us happy for bags with raincoats.</p>

<p>The last Monday in Nature for May has perfect light, but no doubt, plenty of dramatic images. Have a great day, everyone.</p><div>00dyLn-563388484.JPG.2578f4297ea76c58ba2d920c469fcd14.JPG</div>

<p>Laura,<br>

The thing definitely startled me as I walked by the canal it was in (snakes give me the willies anyway). Knowing nothing about their behavior, I just stood there naively taking photos until it slinked (slank?) back into the water. </p>