Monday in Nature, December 24, 2018

ShunCheung

Basic Guidelines

: In the strictest sense, nature photography should not include "hand of man elements". Please refrain from images with buildings or human made structures like roads, fences, walls. Pets are not permitted. Captive subjects in zoos, arboretums, or aquariums are permitted, but must be declared, and must focus on the subject, not the captivity. Images with obvious human made elements will likely be deleted from the thread, with an explanation to the photographer. Guidelines are based on PSA rules governing Nature photography which also cover the Nature Forum. Keep your image at/under 1000 pixels on the long axis for in-line viewing. Note that this includes photos hosted off-site at Flicker, Photobucket, your own site, etc.

Each member please post no more than just one image to this weekly thread per week.

Time sure goes fast, as 2018 is drawing to a close. Since December 31 will also be a Monday, this is the next to the last Monday in Nature for 2018. I wish everybody a great holiday season.

Dancing sandhill crane

SandHillDance_3229.thumb.jpg.efc84041cc69f26816f91d8d6e821988.jpg

• Like 5

and you're making good use of it too!

:)

I remember when a Little Egret in the UK was an extreme rarity. Global Warming even back then.

Saw my first one in a torrential downpour at West Wittering - half the club stayed on the coach ! I also knew the guy in Havant in whose garden they first bred in the UK - two years before the 'official' first breeding !

• Like 2

[ATTACH=full]1276642[/ATTACH]

My neighbours would religiously head out on 4-wheelers into the bush when 'partridge' season opened in northern Ontario. Often, they returned empty handed. I had no reason to hunt roughed grouse; however, after cleaning the windows on the house, we bagged 5 of them over the years (broken necks after running into the windows). All but one I was able to give to my hunting neighbours. My dog (Siberian Husky) got the other one.

Punta, We have no shortage of ruffed grouse here in Northern Ontario however that photo is from a recent trip to Newfoundland. I don't hunt partridge but I've likewise had a few fly into the windows of our house. I don't give them away I wrap them in bacon and put them on the BBQ.
  • Like 1