Monday in Nature Dec. 19, 2016

Laura Weishaupt

<blockquote>

<p><strong>Basic Guidelines</strong>: Nature based subject matter. Please, declare captive subjects. Keep your image at/under 1000 pixels on the long axis for in-line viewing. Note that this includes photos hosted off-site at Flicker, Photobucket, your own site, etc. Feel free to link your image to a larger version. <strong><em>In the strictest sense, nature photography should not include hand of man elements. Please refrain from images with obvious buildings or large man made structures like roads, fences, walls. Minimize man made features and keep the focus on nature. </em></strong><br>

<strong><em> </em></strong><br>

<strong><em>Are you new to this thread? We post one image per week. For more details on guidelines please read <a href="/nature-photography-forum/00cgtY">this </a>helpful information. </em></strong></p>

</blockquote>

<p>Greetings,<br>

It's a good morning to wrap hands around a warm cup of anything and enjoy a fire while we wait for sunrise. Maybe our forum friends in the southern hemisphere could send images of summer. It's glad tidings all around, no matter where we are. Between the solstice and upcoming holidays there's no shortage of celebrations in the week ahead. Maybe some new gear is in the future.</p>

<p>I hope everyone has a pleasant week filled with good cheer, light, and joy. Nature provided some ornaments filled with sleet pellets. I wish the stack had worked......maybe next time. Best wishes for holidays, with a bit of The Force tossed in for Monday in Nature.</p><div>00eHZL-566961584.thumb.JPG.51adf989158c6f76d9bff7fc29197ebd.JPG</div>

<p>Rime ice. I learned something while taking this the other day. I have seen rime ice many times but generally after it has formed. This shot was taken while it was forming - high north winds blowing ice fog off the lake at about 0F. The rime crystals form <em>into</em> the wind, <em>not</em> as a flag would blow, so in the photo the wind is blowing from right to left. Makes sense now that I think about it.</p><div>00eHZz-566963984.thumb.jpg.15ed545a5f5e61abb0dfdb04dc120673.jpg</div>
Test

<p>Just a reminder about not having images with man made features. However, according to the <a href="https://psa-photo.org/index.php?nature-nature-definition">guidelines that we based MiN on</a>, "<em>.....where those human elements are in situations depicting natural forces, like hurricanes or tidal waves." </em><br>

<em> </em><br>

<em><br /></em>OK, it's not a hurricane or tidal wave. Merry X-mas, and kudos to all who braved the brutal cold. </p>

<p>Shun, I love those mallards. I have a similar flight scene on my mailbox, which is getting old (and actually got knocked over by the passing snow plow two days ago) and I still want to keep it. ;-)</p>

<p>I love shooting out of the airplane window. Some scenery are so spectacular. But I cannot tell where they were taken.</p>

<div>00eHc4-566968384.thumb.jpg.e443816be54ebfc1d5616f0cc8a0371d.jpg</div>