Monday in Nature, 23 March 2020

Discussion in 'Nature' started by DavidTriplett, Mar 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basic Guidelines: In the strictest sense, nature photography should not include "hand of man elements". Please refrain from images with buildings or human made structures like roads, fences, walls. Pets are not permitted. Captive subjects in zoos, arboretums, or aquariums are permitted, but must be declared, and must focus on the subject, not the captivity. Images with obvious human made elements will likely be deleted from the thread, with an explanation to the photographer. Guidelines are based on PSA rules governing Nature photography which also cover the Nature Forum. Keep your image at/under 1000 pixels on the long axis for in-line viewing. Note that this includes photos hosted off-site at Flicker, Photobucket, your own site, etc.

Each member please post no more than just one image to this weekly thread per week.

Orange Spring Dome, Mammoth Hot Springs, Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming.
    MiN-200323-3362.jpg
    As humanity struggles to overcome the novel coronavirus, please allow me to wish all of you, and each of you individually, good hope and faith in the future. This, too, will pass, and may God give us the wisdom to make good choices and find opportunities to help our neighbors. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

2. Red-Winged Blackbird....Austin, Texas DSC_8307.jpg

3. Will there be no end to Mammoth Terrace images from Yellowstone? Not if I can help it.
    WY-Yellowstone-Mammoth-Terraces-Palette-Spr.jpg
    I hadn't understood how variable it was over time until I visited.

4. _DSC5207-copy.jpg
    Another nudibranch this one is Nembrotha cristata.

5. Bushbuck Antelope - The Red-billed Oxpecker is helping itself to a flea/free meal! ;)
    BushbuckAntelope2.jpg

6. Keep a safe distance, it could save your life! The gull finally got away after an extended chase all over the sky. A bit of a message for our times, stay safe.

DSC_2869.jpg

7. GHO & owlet in a wooded area near my WI home. Way up high, so an odd perspective with some foreground clutter.

DSC_2525.jpg

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  8. Sandy Vongries

Sandy Vongries Administrator Staff Member

9. Tony Parsons

Tony Parsons Norfolk and Good

03-133_0307 - TONY0129 - tadpolls.jpg

Safety in numbers - for them, if not for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.