Moderator ...

Discussion in 'Photo.net Site Help' started by John Seaman, Apr 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How do you get to be a moderator on photo.net?

Don't worry I don't want to be one. I just wondered ...

Dustin McAmera and NHSN like this.
  2. So did I.

3. ...when I noticed this:
    [​IMG]

4. Dustin McAmera

Dustin McAmera Yorkshire, mostly on film.

.. and did you try clicking on to see previous posts etc? 'This user's profile is not available'.

5. LOL.
    So "Moderator" is a posthumous promotion?

6. Sandy Vongries

Sandy Vongries Administrator Staff Member

Depends on the site. Some places you ask and if they need more help you may be appointed. Others you can suggest the idea for a new forum and if the idea is approved, you are made moderator of that forum. Here, I was offered the opportunity and took it, never thought of asking. If it is something that interests you, you can try either of the first two options via the new paid staff.

mikemorrell, michaellinder and NHSN like this.
  7. Sandy, I thought the post here was referencing something specific. I'm taking the liberty of sending you a screen shot via PM.

Sandy Vongries likes this.
  8. PapaTango

PapaTango I See Things

You know, I had this same thought today about good old Tommy... :p

There is still another that I simply cannot reconcile how it happened...

michaellinder likes this.
  9. I don't understand the logic of Tommy's being a moderator, since he's somewhat biased against post work.

10. You have to be able to chew on a whole lemon without scrunching up your face. :confused:

11. Sandy Vongries

Sandy Vongries Administrator Staff Member

You just have to marinate the lemon in beverage of choice - a simple matter,

John Farrell and NHSN like this.
  12. Now that doesn't sound so bad. :rolleyes:

13. tommyfilmist

tommyfilmist Moderator

you lack wits take great pride in showing off your lack of fore thought and basic reasoning skills which seem to be at the "hey i ordered a cup of coffee, spilled it on myself, got burned now i am sueing mcdonalds for my injuries because im not smart enough to realize hot coffee can burn me"

14. PapaTango

PapaTango I See Things

It's deja vu all over again... :eek:

15. Tony Parsons

Tony Parsons Norfolk and Good

Please could you explain the reasoning behind, and the relevance of, this somewhat abrasive posting ?

16. Hi Sandy, I just want to (again) express my thanks to you and the other mods for keeping PN up and running under what the British (with appropriate understatement) would call 'challenging circumstances'. So kudos to you and the other mods for doing your best instead of just running away screaming!

John Peri and Sandy Vongries like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.