Mithra 47 Continued...

I wrote about this camera here. It was fun restoring it. Taking photos with it? Not so much...

As I had mentioned, it is made well, all metal and quite attractive for a box camera, but that's where the fun ends.

Issues in photo shoot:

1. Film advance: I had lubricated rollers and everything went smooth without film, with film, I was afraid I was going to rip it apart. This definitely created bands and damaged the emulsion, pity

2. Frame advance: Its red window and the Black Backing Paper of Arista EDU film, bad combination, you would need full sun and lots of squinting or angle viewing to read the frame numbers, and that is how I lost two frames...

3. Focusing: Generally these camera give you a focusing range of 8 feet to Infinity, this one hates infinity consistently producing OOF images. I figured I had loaded the film wrong or something, and put a ground glass on film plain and opened the shutter on B. Nope, it is a dog on infinity, I wonder why...

Positives:

1. It will make a great shelf queen or a "Conversation Piece" LOL

2. Not too terrible at about 10-15 feet range.

3. The nifty rotating view finder is pretty crafty..

4. Two F Stops

Some Images below:

A Blurry Landscape, there were two colorful wind surfer sails in the distance...

1230567633_BlurryLandscape.jpg.b0ecfb2abac2a37b2d15fde418b32edd.jpg