Mistake to Jump to Canon!

ntv666

<p>I am a Nikon user for the last 15 years. Just I want to try the Canon . Any body using both the gear can clarify this please. I have posted the same in Canon forum also.<br>

I got 5 D MK II , a week back. The sync speed of 1/200 is not working in studio (with Strobes triggerd with Radio trigger) I got balck stripes about 3 mm in the bottom of the images. Why , I can't under stand. It works fine with shtter speed of 1/160 . But Why The Canon is like this? Any one has the similar problem.?</p>

<p>Hello Thangavelu,<br>

The sync speed is the maximum speed for which the whole of the sensor is exposed to the light but as far as I know there are no guarantees about how long the time is; it is probably around 1/500 - 1/1000 second. Since there is extra delay introduced by the radio trigger both cameras are probably marginal and it turns out that your Canon has the sensor fully exposed for a little less time than the Nikon. Of course since the shutter is a mechanical device (though electronically controlled) it's likely that there are quite large tolerances and different samples of the cameras might behave differently.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I just posted this in his Canon post:</p>

<p>Sorry, but I can't figure out if he thinks he needs the shutter to STOP action, or deal with a BRIGHT studio combined with some action, or to gain flash adjusted wider apertures ? Maybe upset over slight difference in the two cameras?</p>

<p>Higher shutter speeds tackle bright studio or sunshine issues. On the other hand, with a darker studio, electronic flash can stop almost ANYTHING indoors - i.e. bullet, spinning fan, models blown hair, etc</p>

• 2 months later...