Missing time, cattle mutilations, and 60mm lenses

leicaglow

<p>Being from Central Oregon, one of the original locations of cattle mutilations, plenty of UFO sightings, and even big foot, imagine my concern when flipping through fleabay listings for Hasselblad lenses, and finding dozens of newer 60mm Hasselblad lenses, all with their lenses missing.</p>

<p>What do you suppose the extra terrestrial beings are doing with the glass elements with these lenses? Perhaps they are removed to gain access to wormholes that take them back to their planets. Maybe the elements are used in a time machine, or melted down to fuel their craft. Any ideas?</p>

Chinese eBay recycler, that's all.

He was buying up tons of Bronica stuff when I was first

getting into MF. Buys low sells high, and buys up all the

available eBay stock of whatever in order to jack prices.

Maybe he cannibalized the 60's to put better lenses in

better barrels. Or maybe not, why did he not put the bad

lenses into the bad barrels at least? What else can one

use 60mm distagon glass in? Telescopes(seems a waste),

some kind of industrial optics. Lasers?

<p>Richard,<br>

You got it wrong!<br>

The answer is simpler: <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=282122">Q.G. de Bakker</a> is buying all wide angle lenses to correct the mistakes made by the Zeiss engineers. He will change their barrels with re-engraved ones where the DOF scale will be identical for all lenses.<br>

His many posts show that he is a believer than all lenses have same dof and Zeiss, Leitz, Nikon and other Canon engineers were all wrong . . .</p>

Not unless Q.G. de Bakker is yet another alias of you Paul. ;-)<br><br>By the way, i'm not a believer that all those learned people are worng. On the contrary. They and i agree that you are.<br>Will you ever understand, i wonder... I guess not.<br><br>Finally: if all you have to contribute is stuff like this, would you please go play somewhere else?

<p>Michael, the extra-terrestrials were not after the glass. They throw the glass away. They wanted the barrels. The apparently empty lens barrels are actually filled with dark matter, which focuses light much better than conventional glass elements. So, you might ask, why are they then being sold off? A reasonable question, so I'll explain. They had these lenses all prepped with dark matter, and were just about to use them to photograph the ST. Louis Cardinals winning the World Series (they are Cardinals fans), when something came up. It's a little hard to explain, but the dark matter has to be activated with dark energy. They have dark energy generators aboard all flying saucers, so this would not ordinarily be a problem. Gee, it's really hard to explain. The dark energy generators require a special fuel: Unobtainium 389. Unfortunately, all the Unobtainium 389 on this planet belonged to Newt Gingrich, who went and sold it all to China. Well--this is really hard--the aliens were prepared to pay the United States a royalty, for the use of the photos, that would have enabled our country to get completely out of debt with China. With the possibility of that happening now in the rear-view mirror, the aliens had to scrap the lens mounts for enough to buy the special fuel their flying saucer runs on--corn cobs--to enable them to RTB (return to base). And they were only 20 light-years from Bingo, so they had no choice.</p>

<p>I'm sure you understand.</p>

<p>"...And they were only 20 light-years from Bingo,"<br>

Now there's a term I haven't heard since my Air Force days riding on KC-135 tankers. Considerably slower than anything at Groom Lake, and the Earth bound solution to fighter jets hitting "Bingo". How I wish I'd had a good camera in those days! Nothing like watching the re-fueling boom bounce off the fuselage of an F-4 at 550 Mph....</p>

<p>Q.G.<br>

From your own posting, February 13,2012 which everybody can verify:<br>

"Shorter lenses do not have more DoF. And you would need more depth of focus, not depth of field."<br>

I will stop answering to you when you stop misleading people with ridiculous information.<br>

I continue to think that you buy those barrels to re-engrave them to fit your pseudo dof data.</p>

<p>Here's an idea: Ask the seller what the deal is: Apparently the lenses are being removed from their barrels and installed into a special aerial photography barrel (I hear markup). Maybe the lenses went into outer space after all. There is no guarantee the mechanics of the lens even work. Now if the cattle mutilations could be explained so easily.</p>

Paul,<br><br>One bit of misleading information there is the suggestion - your suggestion - that that would be incorrect.<br>Now do try to think about it, for once: shorter lenses do not have more DoF.<br><br>The second is your confusion about DoF scales. But you will not understand that either, (else you would not have come up with that nonsense).<br><br>Now, Paul, where did you buy all those empty barrels?