Mis-Advertising on EBay (Canon FD)

don_boyd3

There's a Canon Macro 20mm f/3.5 lens advertised as LNIB on EBay as Item 310071576844 which is shown mounted directly on a F-1

camera. I sent the seller (Hong Kong) the following email:

"The Canon FD Macro 20mm f/3.5 lens is not designed to mount on any Canon body. There is no provision for focusing the lens -- it's only

usable on a bellows."

There's also a Canon FD 200mm f/2.8 lens on EBay as Item 190241130026 which is actually an EF 200mm f/2.8L II lens (and so identified

further in the Item listing). Sent the seller an email.

Scott is correct, of course, in that it is possible to use these lenses without a bellows, as long as you're happy with the single reproduction ratio available.

As for the seller showing a bellows lens mounted directly on a camera body: just proof that he/she has no clue about whatever it is he/she is selling. I'll just add that to my database of evidence proving that the average IQ of the human race is slowly falling...

Yeah, I never thought of someone putting a 20mm Photomacro right on the camera, but of course it would work. The extension would be a bit more than the lens registration, so for 20mm I guess just over 1:1 magnification.

Of course, you couldn't get away with this with 'short mount' bellows lenses, like the old 100/4 FL macro lens designed for the Bellows FL-- it would be focused on the other side of infinity, and you don't want to go there.