Mirrorless Monday_May 2nd, 2016

Discussion in 'Mirrorless Digital Cameras' started by sanford, May 1, 2016.

1. A Few From The Carmelite Monastery
    00dubr-562723084.jpg

2. White Sands sunrise. Sony A7R, CV 15mm V3 (cropped)
    [​IMG]

3. These should be labeled XT10 not TX1, wishful thinking I guess.
    00dubv-562723284.jpg

4. View of Alamogordo and Santa Anita Mountains from the NM Space Museum. Sony A7R, 40mm Minolta m-Rokkor CLE
    [​IMG]

5. Tulip, about to open.
    00ducT-562724584.jpg

6. A Morning Walk in the Park
    Sony A7rII, Sigma 35mm f/1.4 Art
    00dudh-562727684.jpg

7. Leaves and the Setting Sun
    NEX 6, 16-50mm Kit Zoom
    00dudj-562727784.jpg

8. These next few are from this morning in the backyard after the rain stopped.
    I used my A7, FE 90mm f/2.8 macro lens and my new Godox TT685s Flash and X1 trigger. Full TTL, HSS, and a decent pop. Flash can be a master or slave. Nicely made unit.
    Red Tulip
    00dudk-562727884.jpg

9. Pink Tulip
    00dudl-562728084.jpg

10. Small Buds
    00dudn-562728184.jpg

11. Nice tulips, Louis - well captured!
    A bluebell in the wild [​IMG] A7, Sigma E 60mm, and 10mm extension tubes; from a full-frame crop

12. Three frames from a Sony Alpha A7r using the 28-70mm Sony f3.5-5.6 FE OSS lens. I picked up this lens fairly cheaply and was interested to compare it with the Vario-Tessar T* FE 24-70mm f/4 ZA OSS. In my humble opinion, the "kit" lens performs very well.
    00dugH-562732984.jpg

13. Sony a6000 / Sony 35mm 1.8
    [​IMG]

14. Rick, it sure is a beautiful place to live. I also found the FE "kit" lens to be pretty darn good.
    Peter, nice sunrise at White Sands.
    Sanford, nice study of the Calla Lillies
    Howard, thanks for the feedback!

15. Thanks Louis. The Calla Lilly is the Egret of flowers. It just poses for you and looks going it.

16. Someone else's shoot
    00dulu-562755584.jpg

17. Luv that leaf shot Louis

18. Love the wet tulips Louis, quite beautiful.

19. From the Getty Center, LA [​IMG] X-Pro2 23mm

20. The Bean
    Sony A7Rii + Loxia 35/2
    [​IMG]

21. Thanks, Barry. Interesting hand study. On the tram? The Getty Museum was my Alma Mater of sorts. I worked there for 13 years.

22. Really Louis? Small world. Yes the Tram going up. I realize I should burn down arm on the lower right:) Maplethorpe exhibit there. Two parts, the other at LACMA. Are you still in LA?

23. No, I'm in Chicago now at the Art Institute of Chicago but i had many happy years as the Senior Photographer for the Getty Museum, first at the Villa and then at the Center. A magical place to work. I lived in the Valley (Sherman Oaks) and rode my bike to work every day through the Sepulveda Pass and up that twisty hill the tram scales. It was faster than driving!

24. No, I'm in Chicago now at the Art Institute of Chicago but i had many happy years as the Senior Photographer for the Getty Museum, first at the Villa and then at the Center. A magical place to work. I lived in the Valley (Sherman Oaks) and rode my bike to work every day through the Sepulveda Pass and up that twisty hill the tram scales. It was faster than driving!

25. No, I'm in Chicago now at the Art Institute of Chicago but i had many happy years as the Senior Photographer for the Getty Museum, first at the Villa and then at the Center. A magical place to work. I lived in the Valley (Sherman Oaks) and rode my bike to work every day through the Sepulveda Pass and up that twisty hill the tram scales. It was faster than driving!

26. Wow..you are my hero :) Getty is a magical place and they have always had some of the best photography curated exhibits in LA. You've had and have some big jobs Louis.