Mirrorless Monday, June 12, 2017

Don, this photo has exactly the right shutter speed. It conveys the feeling of movement perfectly. I am not against long exposures for water, but the technique is overdone and actually reduces dynamism in the image.

Ghost Rock

Fuji XT-2, XF23mm F2.[ATTACH=full]1192082[/ATTACH]

Don, this photo has exactly the right shutter speed. It conveys the feeling of movement perfectly. I am not against long exposures for water, but the technique is overdone and actually reduces dynamism in the image.

Karim, I concur and water motion in Photographs to me are not accidents, they require a purposeful avoidance of the very thing you point out. Thing is, there's no formula. The speed of water varies.

Karim, I concur and water motion in Photographs to me are not accidents, they require a purposeful avoidance of the very thing you point out. Thing is, there's no formula. The speed of water varies.

Don. You seem to hit it just right an awful lot of times. Those photos you've shown are great in my view.

Stacking exposures for bracketed HDRs has a side effect of blurring moving water in a largely pleasant manner. The main purpose is to expand the dynamic range and make it into a single image. The extent of "HDR" effect can range from natural to surrealistic, depending on your taste and mood.

[i have examples at 1/4" and non-HDR, but it was impossible to load them in the order and position needed. PNET needs work.]

1/60", HDR x3

_DSC2400_Aurora2017_HDR.jpg.0aa9c62aa37e32c297e5f3bb7a90c765.jpg

Edited by Ed_Ingold