Mirrorless Monday, Apr 16, 2018

Don, I like your taste in colour, even though I would not go that far myself (I want a Fuji anyway!). I think the picket fence shot could have been tighter, and I don't mean 'closer', I just think that the background is just a tad 'blah' if you know what I mean. There is a bit more drama just waiting to be extracted from that scene. I still like the shot though!

Rehearsal

Joel_OTE_KDG09880copy.JPEG.3cf3e67c8dda6b5177af5f92c93a423b.JPEG

Sony NEX

• Like 1

Don, I like your taste in colour, even though I would not go that far myself (I want a Fuji anyway!). I think the picket fence shot could have been tighter, and I don't mean 'closer', I just think that the background is just a tad 'blah' if you know what I mean. There is a bit more drama just waiting to be extracted from that scene. I still like the shot though!

Rehearsal

[ATTACH=full]1241481[/ATTACH]

Sony NEX

Karim, I agree with you as to how the out of focus renders with the XF18-55. Much has been said about this lens and it has many benefits and qualities, but to get to the heart of the matter pertaining to its faults, Bokeh would have to be one of them depending on focal length chosen and aperture. As for how to control color with Fuji camera's, we have that control you can do whatever you choose with it the beauty of the system. In the case of this shot, and I'm not making excuses, but I recall trying to overcome the haze of that day in the atmosphere, so I increased contrast intern pressing, "pop" intern perceived saturation. Sometimes I get lazy.