Miranda Sensorex question

<p>I just got a Miranda Sensorex for my collection and the mirror is stuck in the up position. I checked the manual and can't find a mirror lock-up or any other reason for the mirror to be up. I got it from keh and it's supposed to be in working condition. Does anyone have an idea how to unlock the mirror or should I send it back?</p>

<p>I'd say return it, and let KEH know about the trouble, they should be able to cover shipping cost for a replacement. I had some trouble with their quality check last spring when I picked up an autofocus Nikon which was described as working but had a misaligned focusing scale. Strike 2 was a bargain grade Topcon RE-super, with arrived with a heavily dented prism also not working even though it was described as working. They made good in both instances even though it took a little longer.<br>

KEH means peace of mind when it comes to picking classic equipment, so I'd say just exchange what you've got and you should be good to go. It also helps if you do this over the phone vs on-line, as you get that personal touch in customer care and the chances are you will be taken care of quite well.</p>

<p>Thanks Ralf. I'll return it. I've dealt with keh for about a dozen years and this is the first time I've had a problem with a camera or lens. Were they able to replace the RE-Super? I collect SLR's from the 60's and 70's. The RE-Super or the Super D are on my list, but nice ones are expensive.</p>