minox gt-e problem

dusty_p.

<p>recently bought a minox gt-e and it is not taking as good photos as my old ml (which died by the usual shutter thing.) <br>

some of the photos appear quite dark so I am wondering<br>

1. how can I check if the battery is ok?<br>

(when I hit the battery check button, the needle in the lightmeter just drops down all the way. What does that mean? Otherwise needle seem to respond under light but some of my pictures are way underexposed.)<br>

2. What is the lens difference? color-minotar vs mc minoxar<br>

Thanks guys.</p>

<p>i just put 2 new cr 1/3 n batteries in it and i dont see any change, if the needle is in horizontal position (at 1/125) it will drop all the way down (below 1/30) when i press the check button. Does that mean that there isn't sufficient power and the camera is broken?</p>

<p>battery compartment looks extremely clean on both power pack and camera side, but the metal pressure plate thing (dont know what to call it) on the power pack (+side of the battery) has a whole in it. Not sure if there was another piece of metal on top of that so that it gives better connection with battery or not</p>

<p>If the battery contacts are clean, then the intermitent could be cause by loose soldering points<br>

in the circuit, the most probably point is the wires soldering to the contact could be loose</p>

You may check the connectivity using a multimeter, use the probes to contact the battery terminals, test twice, the second time with the red/black probes interchanged.

• 3 months later...