minox enlarger lamp holder,DR.G.FISCHER bulb substitute

jack_dong

I just spend several days to build a lamp holder for my minox enla

rger model II,as the substitue of the rare & expensive minox enlarger bulb DR.G.FISCHER.

the seperate design for the holder with philips 5761 halogen bulb means that I will own unlimited

DR.G.FISCHERs BULB!because philips 5761 is very popular in the current market,and only about

$7,very cheaper than DR.G.FISCHER. philips 5761 is a 6v30w point-light halogen bulb ,and as the

same small filament as DR.G.FISCHER. on my minox enlarger it can make the same uniform light as

DR.G.FISCHER. so I needn't to worry about the bulb in my minox dark room...

<p>It truly amazes me the ingenuity that you and others have shown when a problem such as this rises, I still have two Dr. Fischer bulbs that I have carefully hoarded, but this totally relives me of the stress of finding more. Please inform me if you plan to sell this device that you have so thoughtfully created.<br>

Thanks <br>

William</p>

<p>Hi everybody!<br>

I am new at this forum (just registered!) I’m living in Paris, France. and just got a Minox II enlarger. <br>

I think that Jack’s lamp holder is a great idea.<br>

I also wanted to say that I found cheap car lamps online, that could fit, i guess (but I’m not sure). These are two french online shops, but other might be found elsewhere:</p>

<ul>

<li><a href="http://faisceauxretrocollection.com/Ampoule-simple-filament-6V-21W">faisceauxretrocollection.com</a></li>

<li><a href="http://www.datch.fr/fr/glb317-ampoule-baionnette-ba15s-21w-p-15755.html">datch.fr</a></li>

</ul>

<p>"BA15S 6V" seems to be a good keyword to find lamps that could fit directly (BA15S = Bayonette, 15mm, single). Do you think that I am wrong? 21W for 6V means 3.5A, and that might be enough.<br>

Anyway, again, Jack’s halogene lamp holder seems to be great.</p>

<p><a name="00b66e"></a><a href="../photodb/user?user_id=7355740">Foucauld</a>, the cheap bulb you find may physically fit into the Minox enlarger II socket, however<br>

the unique thing about Dr. Fischer bulb is that it has an inverted L shape offset( the filament is<br>

away from the central axis). Jack's replacement duplicated the Dr. Fischer bulb offset,(see 2nd picture in Jack's post) hence the filament is located right at the focus of the condensor, resulting in parallel light ray.<br>

Your replacement will not be at the focal point, hence the light from the condensor will not be parallel<br>,resulting in uneven illumination on the baseboard.

see<br>

<a href="003HH1">http://www.photo.net/minox-camera-forum/003HH1</a></p>