MINOX DSC

Discussion in 'Minox' started by mtc photography, Aug 5, 2009.

1. MTC  Photography

MTC Photography Moderator

My Minox DSC arrived,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nice!
    I wanted one too untill I saw the min. focus distance was 1 meter. What kind of spycamera is that?

3. MTC  Photography

It is not as small as EC or IIIs, the optical finder is not as good as EC'S[​IMG]

4. MTC  Photography

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Sing Tao Daily
    [​IMG]Henry Birks

5. MTC  Photography

Poul, DSC is a digital version of Minox EC, which has the same 1 m to infinity fixed focus lens.

6. These are nice photos, clear and crisp. Martin, as an analogue Minox user can you let us know your subjective impressions -- is it a branded toy (as the cheesy ads on the Minox website suggest) or a 'real' camera that is the genealogical successor of the LX?

7. MTC  Photography

Andrea,
    The DSC as a carry in the pocket camera, its performance is on the level of MINOX EC,
    IMO, it is a tad better than the EC, but still not up to the sophistication and performance of
    LX.
    For Minox, it is a step in the right direction.
    I think a digital LX will not be far behind
    For now, I am happy with the DSC in pocket

8. MTC  Photography

[​IMG]
    This photo taken with MINOX EC, Kodak Technical Pan.
    Apparently, pictures taken with DSC are sharper

9. Hi Martin,
    Nice photos. How do you think this compares to the Minox miniature Leica cameras in terms of image quality and size?
    -Anthony

10. MTC  Photography

Anthony, I think the newer 5MP Leica DCC M3 has an edge in terms of image quality
    because of its three zone focusing lens. However egonomically, the M3 is not streamline
    in shape, and hard to find a suitable case. I like the DSC better as a carry along camera.
    Further , DSC 's shutter release and dial imitate the ones on LX, using DSC is almost like using LX.

11. MTC  Photography

12. MTC  Photography

Why I like to use DSC instead of cellphone camera or pocket digital ?
    No doubt some cellphone may have better picture quality than DSC, pocket digital camera
    with 8Mb resolution is common place, every one has cellphone and digital camera.
    That is the problem. If at public place, I take out a cellphone and shooting people around,
    other people may think that how odd this person is, every one has cellphone, but nobody
    shooting picture like this guy.
    Now if I take out a Minox DSC, I am quite sure very few people knows what it is, and
    people will think that this guy is just a photo hobbyist.
    Exclusivity.

13. MTC  Photography

14. MTC  Photography

[​IMG]
    Book store

15. MTC  Photography

16. MTC  Photography

17. MTC  Photography

18. MTC  Photography

19. Martin, does your flash unit have the "lock" buttom as per the user's manual? Mine does not!

20. MTC  Photography

Santiago, the older version flash unit had a lock button, because the connector bar was tractable, the newer version's connector is fixed and not retractable, hence there is no
    need for the lock. Mine is the new version

21. Thanks, Martin!

22. MTC  Photography

23. MTC  Photography

24. Nice prints, I may have to break down and buy one. No way I'm getting rid of my III though, especially since I just found a minox enlarger I can afford.

25. Martin,
    Now that you've had your DSC a while, how do you feel about it? I have read comments in other forums where the person who bought a DSC has returned it for failures and other problems. Have you experienced any problems with yours, and would you recommend one to a friend (or a stranger)?

26. MTC  Photography

Doug, IMO, it is a piece of junk, not worthy of the name "Minox". I had it for three month and it died suddenly. I will never touch any MINOX digital cameras