Minolta X300 curtain tension

In my infinite wisdom, l've tried to fix the shutter capping at 1/1000 on my X300, only to loosen the tension on both curtains. Luckily the ribbons have not slipped off the rollers. However, increasing the tension has only given me partial success. The symptoms are as follows:

-The shutter releases on higher speeds as it should, but the right quarter of the focal plane is shaded. If l increase the tension of the first or the second curtain further, the shutter fires on itself when the winding is complete, and the advance gives resistance.

- Lower speeds are sticky, as in, the shutter fires, but the mirror stays up until l nudge the curtain a bit (this also happens on occasion on higher speeds).

- On B, the first curtain releases as it should, but the second releases at the same time, and stops in the middle of the frame, until l release the button, and then it goes left to the end of the frame, but the mirror doesn't come down. Same is true for 1/15 and slower.

I got the service manual but it doesn't really go in depth of retensioning the curtains. Can anyone help me bring this camera back to life? Thank you!