Minolta x-700 capacitors or other problem

braden_hoop

<p> I purchased a Minolta x-700 back in June and it has been working fine when I first got it. But then when I went to take pictures about a week ago, it took a couple and then stopped working. Everything lights up as normal, the only thing is that the shutter will not release. A few days later the same thing happened, after a couple pictures it stopped working. But then after pressing the shutter, it release a few minutes after I pressed it, but that only happened once. I changed the batteries twice but it didn't do any good. I've read where the capacitors have gone bad, or its caused by other problems. Is it for certain the capacitors that have gone bad?</p>

<p>If you press the shutter release and the leds light and then go out as your press further, and then there is no release, you most likely have a release capacitor problem.</p>

<p>You can get it fixed, of course, but don't bother unless you get all of the caps replaced. They are cheap aluminum can caps, wholesaling even today for only twelve cents apiece or so in quantity. Five to ten year expected lifespan.</p>

<p>My personal preference would be to put the repair towards an XE or XD body which has the much more reliable dipped tantalum caps.</p>

<p> </p>

• 3 weeks later...