Minolta SRT 101 & 102

I have a Minolta SRT 101 & 102 with about 12 different lens. They were my dads

before he pasted away and I would like someone to get use out of them. The

lens include 75-205mm zoom, rokkor tele, polarizer, multistar, and many more

all in cases and mint condition. Can anyone tell me how to sell them or if

someone wants to buy them. Please email me (moderators note: email address removed in the hope of avoiding spam. Please DO NOT post email addresses in public forums)

Thank you

very much for your help.

Your best bet is to sell them man-to-man as a dealer will offer you next to nothing for them. I have 4 X-series Minolta bodies, 2 motordrives, 1 power winder, and 10 lenses. The best known and respected dealers offered me from 200 to 400 dollars for the LOT!~!~! I'd rather donate them to a school first.

I too have amassed a large collection of Minolta manual cams and lenses. KEH don't want to buy them.......at ANY price....take a look at their inventory of them, you'll see why. B&H basically did what Art's buyer did, to me. I kept them also. You can email me a list, in detail, if you want to. As long as I'm keeping it all, I might as well see if you have something I want, that I never did buy (somewhat unlikely though.....maybe). You ain't gonna make a fortune though. I agonizingly know the price of this stuff......heh.

sorry if you took it that way...it really was a jab at myself. Still a wee bit shocked just how much that manual film cam equipment came down in price ever since digital got so popular and affordable (especially the ones who's manual lenses don't work on the digitals). I expected prices to come down.........just didn't expect that a 5 camera, 10 lens, 2 tele extender, close up tube set of gear to cost less than what it costs 2 couples at the Le Bec-Fin in Philadelphia, PA.........heh

If you sell on eBay, sell them individually. It's more of a hassle, but you'll get more for the cameras and lenses if you list them separately.

Thomas is right, the prices have really fallen. I paid $200 for a near-mint XE-7 four years ago, and I thought THAT was cheap. Today I'd be lucky to get $80 for it if I wanted to sell it.

But some of the more sought-after lenses still hold a good value, such as the 58mm f1.2 or the 85mm f1.8. Anything wider than 28mm also sells for a decent amount.

Hello Kenneth: The srt101 102 are excellent cameras and very capable of top notch enlargements. I agree a dealer would give you next to nothing for them. My advice is to put an ad in the photo.net classifieds,I use minolta and think they are great. I used to repair cameras and know how easy it is to cla one. I went back to film after a lot of fuss with my digital camera and all it's spots showing in the prints which are dust particles on the ccd. And it isn't worth my time fixing it. Those minoltas will out last most digital cameras as long as they make 35 mm film...good luck Ken...Don