Minolta Scan Dual III: Error=1

Hi,<p>

I am having problems getting the software to load. My computer (WinXP)

is able to detect the scanner and the software was installed as the

manual states. I click to load the software and the loading graphic

pops up. It makes a short noise (I`m assuming its the scanner

adjusting itself), then it sits idly for a few minutes until giving an

error message (Error=1). Does anyone have any idea what is going

wrong? I have sent a troubleshooting ticket to www.minoltausa.com and

was just asking here to see if I could get a heads up before they are

able to respond to me.<p>

Thanks,<br>

Michael

It's most likely the program can't see the scanner properly. Check that the scanner is switched on and the door is shut, and check the USB connection is good (if you have a powered hub make sure it's on - though this scanner should be connected direct to a USB port on the computer).

Michael -- I've owned the SDIII for 18 months now -- the first 16 were hell: I couldn't get it running. I couldn't contact Minolta help, when I did they'd give me the runaround. Bad, bad, bad!<P>That changed about 2 months ago when Minolta and Konica merged.

<a href="http://konicaminolta.com/worldwide/americas/index.html"><b>Konica Minolta </b></a> has revamped their tech service. I was able to contact them -- they solved my problems.<P>Now I can't praise them enough -- I trust you'll find the same to be true for you.

Well, its been a couple of days since I've contacted Konica/Minolta and still no response. After careful consideration, I believe that it is a hardware issue so I need to get in contact with them to see if the unit which was bought under a year ago is still under warrenty.<p>

You said that your Scan Dual III wasn't operational for several months until you contacted them? What was wrong with your scanner and how long until it started working?<p>

Thanks,<br>

Michael

Michael, I've been using the SD3 for a year and I've never experienced any error/problem (other then struggling with the lousy negative holder)! As someone else suggested, it may be the USB port (or cable) that you're using; but why not phone Minolta (to discuss the problem) at 1-877-462-4464.

Michael -- Initially my problem was with the VIA drivers on my USB2 II Motherboard. Once I D/L'ed and installed the most recent drivers AND started using Hamrick's Vuescan software I got things going (albeit with the scanner hanging at least once a session).<P>I then changed motherboards (a cap burst). I could not get the computr to see the (now USB1) device -- the scanner.<P>I got the same routine as you are experiencing.<P>I could not contact Minolta during all of this. When I was able to get them they bounced me from department to department -- BAD, BAD, BAD!<P>Then I bypassed all the BS by going straight to the CDN. rep.<P>We tried several things but what seems to have worked is the SDIII must be turned on before the computr is started.<P>If I don't turn on the scanner before boot I keep getting XP's New Hardware Found screen. I just keep turning that off. After doing this 3 or 4 times -- success.<P>BAD SOFTWARE MINOLTA!