Minolta MD 1.5x Tele-Converter?

rdm

<p>I think Minolta only made dedicated teleconverters in MD mount. Soligor made a 1.5 X converter back in the late 70's to early 80's that might fit the bill. I've owned since 1982 or so. You do need to stop down a bit for best results. It worked well with my Rokkor 250mm reflex to give an effective 375mm f8. I also used it with my MD 35-135 with good results. However, when used with my off brand 400mm f6.3 preset, it vignetted slightly.</p>

<p>I don't know about Minolta converters at all, but there are some quite decent older 1.5 to 2X teleconverters made in Minolta MD mount.</p>

<p>The Vivitar ones (the old ones, no connection to the current Vivitar-in-name-only offers) were good. I've also had good luck with Soligor - though with any of these the later multielement versions are likely to be better than the first ones on the market. I have accumulated a bunch in different mounts in bundled lens packages, but on their own, they are usually fairly affordable. Spiratone-branded ones (they were one of the first to do this, if not the first) range from just OK to very good.</p>

<p>I have a Soligor 2X Auto Tele Converter for Minolta. Works well if you can give up<br /> two f/stops. On a later version the internal lens was bayonet-mounted and could <br /> be twisted out, the empty shell now becoming a short extension tube for macro.<br /> Best regards,<br /> /Clay</p>

<p>Thanks Mike,<br>

I never had the Multipurpose, but there is a picture and description in the Time-Life <br>

Library of Photography Yearbook for 1980. Will keep an eye out for one at next <br>

camera show for my Minolta SR-T101 cameras.<br>

Best regards,<br>

/Clay</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Everyone thanks for the great info.. I already have a Vivitar 3x and the Minolta 300s 2x c0nverter.<br /> But i think i have a bad copy of the 3x. All my images are so soft when i use that .<br /> I should like to find a Sologor 1.5x converter. I have always found the Sologor lenses that I have had, to be decent to very good quality items. <br /> I want to have a 1.5x converter for my 100-300mm lens for when I go birding and need that extra reach but don't want a heavy extra lens. Hard to find tho. Part of me was thinking about bastardizing some modern one for canon EF and getting it to work on the SR bayonet somehow; I don't care if I have no auto aperture. I figured the modern optics would be better too. I don't want to loose much light stoppage (is that a word?) on my telephoto.</p>

• 8 months later...
<p>I recently Found a Vivitar 1.5x converter in Minolta MD mount..<br /> Its very handy and I always keep it in my bag, even if I no not take the long telephoto out and dont plan to need long lenses.. Because pooping it on My Minolta Rokkor 135mm 2.8 lens when I need it, is better than carrying around an additional heavy 200mm or long zoom lens for a just-in-case moment.<br /> Thanks all who read this and especially who have helped me with this question.</p>

• 3 months later...