Minolta Maxxum 5 Vs Maxxum 70

elek_ludvigh

<p>Hi All,<br>

I have a Maxxum 5 which I like a lot and am just wondering if the Maxxum 70 which was a later model was a step up, down or virtually identical. Any input from folks who are actually familiar with both models would be appreciated.<br>

Thanks!<br>

Jay</p>

<p>Also, then 70 being a later model might be easier to find in good working order. The Maxxum 5 looks better made (due to chrome look plastic) but if the 70 has more metal it might be the way to go. I've had a 5 for nearly 10 years and it works flawlessly but I suspect some viewfinder separation. If you can live with only 3 AF sensors look at the XTSI. </p>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<p>I got a very clean fully functional 70 for $38.00 including shipping and a 28-100mm D lens, which is very sharp and contrasty. Very similar to the 5, but with enough differences to be worth getting. A little jewel, highly recommended to anyone wanting a light, small, full function camera!<br>

PS. Patrick, thanks for the link, the info in it was what made me decide to take the plunge.</p>

• 3 years later...

<p>yes but I shoot negative and I do not really need too much from a film camera. I got Maxxum 5 and XTsi for $15.</p>

<p>I like that the 5 is small so I can carry 2 without need to switch lenses or load a camera with BW, another with color, or hi speed / low speed. Most of my stuff is digital after all.</p>

<p>here is a mix of shots with Minolta Maxxum 5 (BW home developed and digitized_ and color (Sony A6000) from last night.</p>

<p>https://flic.kr/s/aHskGqx7Yi</p>