Minolta Hi-Matic E - How to load film

sadanand

<p>Picked up a Minolta Hi-Matic E. Camera is in excellent condition. As for the battery I managed with tin foil and LR44 cells for now. The light comes on, shutter works and it winds. The problem is regarding film loading. How is the film leader going into the takeup spool? Should it go over the spool or under the spool. I am primarily a Nikon shooter and most Nikons wind film in the takeup spool with emulsion side facing out. In other words the leader goes under the spool initially. I loaded Hi-Matic in this manner and after four frames the winder became stiff. I had to open the back. Now I am confused and I could not find a manual for this camera.<br /><br />Appreciate any help as always</p><div>00ZYzo-412705584.JPG.a1b6ae1d4069f4263ae2cbc8d3c5faaf.JPG</div>

<p>If you can't find a manual, the easiest way to tell is to open the back without film in the camera, operate the winder and see which way the takeup spool rotates. Generally if it rotates clockwise you would follow the method shown for the F3. If the spool rotates counterclockwise you would load the film across the top of the spool and it would wind with the emulsion toward the the inside. Hope this helps and enjoy your camera.</p>

<p>Thank you all for the help.<br>

Stephen Lewis: That's a good tip.<br>

M. S: I have found some good posts from you and Brian M on this camera. It is Brian's recent post that got me looking for this camera :) Got this for all of $15.00 plus shipping. Let me see how my investment will turn out.</p>

<p> </p>