Minolta Hi-Matic E and Fall colors

sadanand

<p>Sadanand,<br /> I was dying slowly to see Your post and first pictures from "E"....<br /> Hi-Matic E proved again that it delivers <strong><em>excellent</em></strong> results... I love the first picture and No 3.<br /> Few more posts like this one and "E" will cost more than Canonet ;) <br /> I know Canonet GIII is great, I'm shooting with one for years but <em>THIS </em> lens is something else...<br /> .</p>

<p>Thank you all for your comments. Glad to note you all liked the photos.<br />Maciek Stankiewicz: You are right about this camera.I wasn't expecting such contrast and colors with a rangefinder. But like JDM pointed out it is that lens I guess. It is certainly a good compact little camera. I need to find a proper way to fit those batteries rather than using the tin foil. Perhaps a home made battery adapter? I am glad I found a good working rangefinder after my initial failures with Yashica GSN and Canonet</p>

<p>Sadanand, <br /> This was a great find mostly because camera works and looks like new. <br /> Here: <br /> <a href="00ZXHL?start=10">http://www.photo.net/classic-cameras-forum/00ZXHL?start=10</a><br /> on page 2 I posted a picture of battery chamber and how I arranged batteries and springs. Please read my post with explanation. Good luck with Your new "E" and don't stop searching for Yashica GS/GSN, You will love this camera. Just be familiar with possible problems like "Pad Of Death" or electronics...</p>

<p>I'm late to the party <strong>Sadanand</strong>, but that's a fine series of pics, great saturation and clarity. Never underestimate the powers of a rangefinder, especially one with a Rokkor lens. That particular lens is reknowned for it's performance, just in case you hadn't heard! Great post, many thanks.</p>