Minolta Dimage Scan Multi/Multi II tips and tricks

Discussion in 'Digital Darkroom' started by ingemar_lampa|1, Apr 16, 2010.

1. I know I'm reviving an old thread here. I'm wondering if the issue described above was ever resolved? I'm trying to scan 6x9 negatives using Vuescan with my Scan Multi II. If I use the 1128 dpi option it works fine, if I try the 2820 dpi I only get a scan of a narrow strip in the middle of the negative. When I use the Minolta software it works fine with both resolutions but I'd prefer to use Vuescan because I generally get better quality scans with it. Any thoughts and suggestions appreciated. Thanks

petr_pachl likes this.

2. Hi guys, did anybody solved this? I have the same problem. Thanks a lot.

3. WJT

WJT Moderator

I have a similar problem with Vuescan and my Minolta Scan Multi Pro at its highest MF resolution (4800). I contacted Mr Hamrick of Vuescan and was informed that Vuescan does not support the highest resolution of the Multi Pro scanner and that scanning at 4800 with MF media the scan will have truncated sides. Lower rez is fine. The original Minolta software works at all resolutions. Regards.

4. I found out that the reason it doesn't work in VueScan is because the high resolution MF setting is interpolated and not true optical resolution.

No longer a problem. I recently bought a refurbished Nikon Coolscan 9000 ED!