Minolta Autocord repairman rec?

stevierose

Steve-

Try these two. I have used Paul. He does excellent work. I am in the process of using Mark. The Autocord is an excellent TLR. I have a few. Best of Luck.

Paul Ebel

W230 Terrace Street

Box 86

Spring Valley, Wisconsin 54767

(715) 778-4372

Mark Hama LTD.

2675 Earl Drive

Marietta, GA 30062

Phone: (770) 565-1498

Fax: (770) 977-5078

-Vincent

I was about to send my newly aquired Autocord to Ross Yerkes(323-256-1018) in California, who came highly recomemded by Bill Maxwell(who makes those realy good view screens)also of Atlanta, for a CLA since the shutter was a little sticky. I would be interested in the service provided by Mark.

You can't go wrong with Paul or Ross, and maybe we have another servicer to help us keep these camera's going.

• 2 weeks later...
The camera was just shipped to Ross Yerkes a few days ago at the suggestion of Bill Maxwell of Maxwell Precision Optics. I bought one of his replacement focusing screens and he told me that Ross would be very good at doing a CLA and screen replacement on the Autocord. I will let you know how it goes.

By happy coincidence I was in Marietta, GA on a business trip recently which allowed me to bring my ailing Minolta Autocord to Mark Hama directly. He's a very interesting guy, IMO. He can repair just about any classic Japanese TLR you could throw at him with his eyes closed. (He has quite a collection on the shelves of his work room.) He actually worked in the Yashica factory many years ago building (and repairing?) various cameras.<p>

He repairs a very wide range of cameras. While I was there, he was working on a Yashica Dental-eye III, which is a specialty camera designed for dental work. I saw dozens of different models of camera sitting there waiting to be repaired or recently repaired, including some classic japanese rangefinders, Olympus OM-1s, and even a Canon T70. (He told me he prefers to work on the older mechanical cameras, but that doesn't stop him from working on newer models too.)<p>

In any case, I just wanted to let people know that in my opinion, Mark Hama is an honest and highly-skilled technician. I will not hesitate to send him my cameras for repair and I encourage others to do the same. From his business card: Mark Hama LTD. - 2675 Earl Drive - Marietta, GA 30062 - Phone: (770) 565-1498 - Fax: (770) 977-5078

My above answer is copied and pasted from an older thread. I just wanted to add that my Minolta Autocord is working GREAT and that I doubt there's anyone out there who'll treat your camera better than Mark would.<p>

I should probably also mention that I have no affiliation with Mark Hama other than as a satisfied customer.

Steve-

Thanks for posting Ross's Address. OK, people you now have options. I want to thank Russ for letting us know that Mark Hama repairs SLRs (Electronic ones at that). Hmmm, I have a couple of Canon F1ns and EFs that need some work. Think I will give him a call. I have to admit Mark does beautiful work. I admire his attention to every detail.

-Vincent

• 9 years later...
  • 2 months later...