Miniature Pacemaker Front Jammed

Discussion in 'Medium Format' started by arthur_gottschalk, Aug 27, 2021.

1. I recently dug out my nice Miniature Pacemaker Crown Graphic with the intention of using it only to find that I can't release the front, which appears to be jammed. The bump on the top of the camera refuses to move, so I guess it's stuck. Can anyone suggest a non-destructive way to get the camera opened? Thanks.

2. Dustin McAmera

Dustin McAmera Yorkshire, mostly on film.

I wonder if the rails have slightly racked forward after folding the camera: would they be in a position to block the linkage from the bump from moving? You could try to turn the focus knob back to see.

The only other thing I can think of is if the camera had been folded with a little bit of rise, so the top of the frame finder might be in the way; again, I don't know if that can happen. If it did, I can only think that you could reach in through the back and push down on the bottom of the lens-board; but it might break the 'non-destructive' rule a bit.

Good luck!

3. OK! After some strenuous fiddling I managed to get the front open. From the looks of it, the Bump release on top of the camera seems to be the culprit. It won't move. How can I make that work?

4. Any pictures to give us an idea of what to maybe suggest ,( in case it's similar to other models ). Peter