Military Photos

Discussion in 'Aerial and Drone' started by http://www.photo.net/dman, Feb 1, 2020.

1. FRAPPING THE LINE.jpg

Frapping the mooring lines - USS Badger FF-1071 taken back in 1978

2. Here you go...if you were ever in the Navy and had a chance to see what refueiling was like...all I can say is...let's do it again! REFUELING AT SEA.jpg

3. USS Badger FF-1071 - incoming mail! MAIL CALL.jpg

4. Fresh paint????? YEAAAP...Burnt to a crisp! ASROC.jpg

Moving On likes this.
  5. Torpedo...wanna go for a ride....? TORPEDO.jpg

6. USS White Plains AFS-4 - taken back in 1981 or 82...can't remember....so long ago... CH-46 PICKINHG UP LOAD.jpg

7. Boy, looking at these old photos...are bringing back the good ol times...I remember being up for days un- REFUELING AND VERT-REP AT SEA.jpg repping battle groups...

Moving On likes this.
  8. anybody ever move a 12,000 pound jet engine? Across the ocean to another ship? On a 1" wire? Hmmmm... TRANFERRING JET ENGINE ON A WIRE.jpg

9. Thanks for the info. I blew it up from the original scan. The first number doesn;t look like a 6, but I really don't know. What do you think?
    Carrier.jpg

10. looks like 12 which would make it the USS Hornet (CVA-12) - reference:cva 12 - Google Search

Moving On and Vincent Peri like this.
  11. Here is what a 6 looks like on a Carrier:

IMG_0003-A.jpg

12. charles_escott_new likes this.
  13. [​IMG]

F-86K Sabre ...also nicknamed the "Kaasjager" (Cheese hunter) by the Royal Dutch Airforce.
    Open-air days at the National Military Museum 2018.
    Folding Pocket Kodak No.2 Model B

14. Nice photographs.

mpressionz likes this.
  15. USS Ronald Reagan (CVN-76)
    [​IMG]

16. BB-61 USS Iowa
    [​IMG]

charles_escott_new likes this.