micro 43 shift options

a._cook

<p>I've got a 35mm zuiko shift, that I love but comes out as a 70mm lens on a m43.<br>

I saw a 20mm arsat shift on ebay but it is expensive.<br>

I even tried to research the idea of getting a Canon or Nikon fotodiox shift to m43 adapter for my Nikon 20mm wide angle lens, but read that it doesn't focus to infinity and shifting all the way means cast shadow, which means it aint good enough. By the way, I have read that placing a Nikon adapter on top of the Canon shift adapter gives better resulta than using a Nikon to m43 direct adapter.<br>

Are there any other options for architectural photos with a wider than 70mm angle, for m43 Olympus E-P1?<br>

There is always the option of photographing film with my OM1, or OM4 and scanning, but thought I'd try something faster.</p>

<p>You are forgetting that you can use a legacy shift adapters on a µ4/3 body.<br>

Buy yourself a nice <a href="http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-kipon-shift-adapter-for-Nikon-F-mount-lens-to-Olympus-Micro4-3-M4-3-camera-/120977742311?pt=US_Lens_Adapters_Mounts_Tubes&hash=item1c2ad5d9e7">Nikon shift adapter</a> and then get whatever wide angle lens you want to use. Plus you will have a lens adapter too.</p>

<p>crop factor on a E-P1 is 2x. This means that the 24mm olympus or 28mm nikon shift would come out as 48mm and 56mm accordingly. Where as the 20mm nikon plus shift adapter brings a 40mm shift range. <br>

I am through with Nikon. I am not buying any new nikon lenses or bodies. I am an Olympus and Leica person.<br>

Shooting on a narrow street with a shift lens needs a wide angle and shift adapter digitally. On my OM cameras <br>

the Olympus 35mm shift is my favorite. Olympus is better in the slr in every way. </p>

<p>Yes I know what the crap factor is. I use a Panasonic G camera. I can understand you not liking Nikon too. There are other shift adapters available also you don't have to get a Nikon Brand lens, you can get something else in NF mount. Like a Rokonkin 14mm lens or even an inexpensive but good IQ wide angle Sigma, Tokina or Tamron lens meant for the APS-C sensor; there is still room for shift on a 4/3 sensor I chose Nikon because they were the cheapest shift adapters I seen, but there are others.<br>

<em>But my point was</em> that you can get a shift adapter and then a wide angle lens to suit your needs on a µ4/3 camera instead of beholding to a 35mm Zuiko lenses focal length.</p>

<p>Yea I agree. Hence this thread. Thing is that shift adapters aren't good as shift lenses in that the quality of the picture degrades if there are shadows in the frame and actual usable shift isn't 10mm like they argue but less. <br /> I also agree that an adapter + wa lens is cheaper than getting a shift adapter. <br /> The 35mm zuiko shift is very nice for an OM camera.<br>

What is a rokonkin 14mm lens?<br>

I know panasonic 14mm, Samyang 14mm but rokonkin sounds like rokkor but different. What is this?</p>

<p>OOps I spelled it wrong. Sorry its late. Should be<a href="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rokinon-14mm-Ultra-Wide-Angle-f-2-8-IF-ED-UMC-For-Nikon-With-Chip-/221089465609?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item3379f58509"><em> ROKINON</em></a>. Made by Samyang and also branded as such as well as Vivitar, Bower and bellhowell. It is a new modern Full Frame 14mm lens that's mechanical. SO you can adjust apature on the adapter for sure.</p>

<p>If the bayonet mount on your 4/3 lens is broken you can try contacting Olympus USA and see if they have a spare parts department.. I did that with Panasonic when I needed a part replaced on my camera. But you might be better off buying a used or broken one off the auction site, they are cheep.</p>

<p>What's this thing about the auto focus four third to m43 adapter, being out of alinement or having to distance from the subject. Other than the automatic function is there any other advantage to the cheaper, about 1/3 worth of manual 43 to m43 adapter?</p>

<blockquote>

<p>.....about 1/3 worth of manual....</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Ahhh Haaa.. SO your " / " Key IS working! :-)<br /> I assumed it was not since you kept typing 43 instead of 4/3.<br /> Now I have no idea what your excuse is....lol<br>

Anyway besides that perpetual typo I have no idea what your last post was saying.</p>

<p>"...This JY-43F auto focus adapter is designed for Olympus Four Thirds (4/3) lens to Olympus PEN E / Panasonic Lumix G Micro Four Thirds (Micro 4/3) camera bodies.<br /><br />It is 100% compatible with original Olympus MMF-1, which allows auto focus in your camera.<br />Depending on the lens in use, the distance scale on the lens maybe out of alignment or the minimum shooting distance may increase.<br /><br />Specifications:<br /><br />Lens mount: Four Thirds mount<br />Body mount: Micro Four Thirds mount<br />Weight: 83g (2.9oz.)<br />Dimensions: 65mm*19.5mm<br />Color: Siver/Black..."<br>

Does this help?</p>

<p>Ohhh you are asking about the Viltrox Adapter. The electronic adapter that claims to function the same as the DMW-MA1 and Olympus MMF-1 and MMF-2 . I understand you now.<br /> Well yea it looks exactly like those adapters brand name and most people who have it say it feels like the MMF-1, heavy and not as much plastic as the MMF-2 or DMW-MA1. I have not gotten one yet but was planning on getting one soon , it has good reviews, and some not so good, but the ones that had problems say it was a fitting problem and they returned it for another and got a better copy which had no problems.<br /> You can read about it <a href="http://www.mu-43.com/f40/olympus-mmf-2-vs-viltrox-jy-43f-32333/">here</a>. <br /> So is that what you wanted to know, If it was a good electronic adapter to get? Some µ4/3 bodies don't support AF for 4/3 lenses and the ones that do support it , the AF is very slow.<br /> It does not have shift capability tho; Or have we moved on from that subject?</p>

<p>Dont people Rokinor? make a 7mm lens which might be posssible to work as a shift lens? Never had the inclination myself as I am happy to do things in editing ... really something every competant photographer should get to grips with, without it one is standing on one leg :-)</p>

<p>Perhaps if Bresson, or Kertesz, or Nagy lived today they might not be photographers.<br>

Film lasts. Who knows how well digitally stored images will last.<br>

Digital is more pop. And this has lowered the gap between an image and an everyday person. But this doesn't make images to be Art. If you ask me photography is as close to digital image making as much painting is to Bob Ross.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>As Leica user, you may find this of interest:<br /><a href="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200691097160?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649">http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200691097160?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649</a><br>

Alternatively, A Tamron SP 17mm, via an appropriate mount and shift adapter, would give much the same as the OM 35mm shift with full frame.</p>

<p>Well,<br>

I am only a Leica screw user, not Leica R. <br>

I am interested in a shift adapter cause I've already got a Nikon 20mm ud to use.<br>

I hope this is not your way of letting me know that the pro eos to m4/3 adapter isn't usable,<br>

even if shift is less then 9mm. </p>