MF26 back on N90 not responding.

sajid_saiyed

Hi,

I bought a used N90 that came with MF26 back.

I put fresh 2025 batteries and the display shows

M |

'92 1 1

Then when I press Function button and turn the dial, the shutter speed keeps changing instead of anything happening on MF26 back.

Am I doing something wrong here?

When pressing the other buttons on the top row (MODE - SELECT - ADJUST) does the command dial do what it is supposed to do? Likely the old "clean the contacts" issue.

I bought an N90s with MF-26 back in 2005 and quickly gave up trying to make use of the back. I would have needed to use its features constantly to be able to remember how to utilize it. Or carry a printout of the manual everywhere I went!

Eric Sande

• Like 1

Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

@niels, Thanks for the pointer. Yes, I have the manual and been going through it. It's very detailed, but does not have a troubleshooting section :)

@eric, I did read something about contacts and tried to clean it. Any tips on what exactly should I look for and how to clean the contacts?

"I did read something about contacts and tried to clean it. Any tips on what exactly should I look for and how to clean the contacts?"

I've really only had to clean contacts once with any of my cameras (back button on an F100 wasn't behaving). A quick wipe with rubbing alcohol and a lint-free cloth fixed things in that situation.

Eric Sande